CHAPTER FOUR

"Who's her?" I ask softly, small tears rolling down my cheeks. My mate is mute... I can't believe it. Damn hormones are making me cry.

Kronos extended his hand to my cheek, before wiping more tears away. His touch caused a tingle, making me smile at his warmth. This proves we're really mates. Rain was howling, overjoyed with being touched by our mate. He then continued to write on the notepad's page, and wrote, 'My mother'

His mother? Isn't that Luna Gaia? If my memory serves me right, she was the sweetest Luna I remembered. The pack only grew strong and powerful under her rule alongside the Alpha.

"Why would she do such a thing?" I ask, growing worried.

This time though, he didn't answer. Rather, based on his body language, he didn't want to. Kronos seemed slumped, his shoulders leaned over in shame. But why? After a series of attempts, Kronos still refused to answer my questions about his mom. Deciding that it was useless and that I would probably be doing more harm than good, I changed the subject into getting to know my mate more.

"Did you chose to be mute or is it because your mother did something?"

He quickly wrote, "She did something."

I nod, asking, "What's your favorite color? Mine is actually not a color, it's a shade. It's black."

He gave a small grin, and wrote, 'White.'

Gosh, his smile is so adorable.

"Age?" I asked, curious.

He replied in writing with, '22.'

The rest of the evening played out like that, and I absolutely loved it. Besides Rain being horny, everything was perfect. He was perfect. I never thought having a mate was this fun and I wished it would never end.

Or so I thought.

***

That evening, I joined the pack dinner. I sat in the seat next to Kronos, while there were still glances of surprise from pack members, they still welcomed me with open arms. I appreciated it, but the one thing I didn't appreciate was the glares from a certain she-wolf.

If my memory was correct, her name was Macy. She used to date Kronos, from what I've heard. Their relationship lasted for about 25 minutes, but it was that easy for her to cling herself to him.

Was she jealous? She could be, but I can't assume without asking. I could see her whispering to another pack member of how ugly I was and how I wasn't qualified to sit next to Kronos. Seriously?

Having enough of the disrespect, my wolf wanted to know why this she-wolf was glaring at us before she teared her throat out.

"Do we have a problem Macy?" I demand, my authority already ringing across the room.

All of the pack members conversations stopped at my question, making the table dead silent. You can almost hear a pin drop. Their heads turned to Macy, engaged into what was happening.

Macy's glare softened, before her eyes narrowed even further. "No, Luna. Everything is just peachy," she seethed out, her teeth gritted in annoyance.