Chapter Eighteen

This is such and awesome banner, and I love the concept annonymous_toaster explained to me in the email. Much appreciated!

My email is open if anyone would like to send in their banners for Asher! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 2012

~Alaya

I'm in some sort of train station, wanting Asher dead.

How could he abandon me like this? I agreed to do this for him, and now I'm left in the middle of Sinful's territory, in a land that I didn't believe existed until now. There isn't even a single person in this place, despite its size. In some way, I'm grateful for that, so no immortal would question the fact that a mortal bride was shoved out of a train before it sped off again.

My heels click against the white tile as I hike the skirt of my dress, and make my way toward the sloped stairs that clearly lead up to an exit. Everything here is polished and bright, including the floor. Nothing looks used.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Asher explained to me that I had to be found as the lost bride. The word would make it back to Sinful.

Apparently.

After being left here, I'm not exactly sure I want to go along with this idea, yet I have no choice. Getting out of here undetected is impossible, I'm sure, since all I have to do is bump into someone, for the information to get back to Sinful.

My mind changes though, on that idea, as I walk out the main glass doors of the station, and onto the street.

No one. Anywhere.

The place is bathed in darkness, obviously. Asher had mentioned that the sun doesn't reach the immortal lands, since the Moon rules here. I surely see it, up there, looming over everything. It peaks over the mountains in the distance, capped with snow. Up there, is a few dotted lights, but hardly as many as what is in front of me.

From what I can see, I'm immersed in a small town, that seems awfully quaint compared to the bustle of the Desire Pack. It's an odd sight that takes me a few moments to adjust to.

The streets are completely abandoned, and shockingly clean compared to what I've seen elsewhere. The houses are all shut up, yet I know there must be life, since I can see lights muffled behind curtains, yet no sound came from anywhere. The road is smooth, again looking too untouched to be real. What makes the least amount of sense in this place is the fact that something so serene and quiet can belong to someone like Sinful.

If he is as bad as I have heard from Death and Aspen...this shouldn't exist.

I look left. A sidewalk that leads to more houses. I look right. More houses. By the looks of this place, there isn't shop in sight, leading me to believe this might only be a village.

Mustering up some courage, I walk to the left, hoping maybe I could bump into someone from this place.

The air around here is mellow, considering the snow on the mountains not far in the distance. All the houses look ready for winter, with their brick exteriors that could handle any climate. It's odd. What is more odd, is the fact that no one is around, no matter how far I walk. It gets to the point where I have to tug my heels off and carry them as my bare feet pad against the concrete.