Chapter 5

Thousands of miles away from Earth, a giant zombie-shaped robot was sitting on the lunar surface. Sitting right on the top level of the complex machine, with a full view of the planet he’s taking over, was a zombie.

This was no ordinary zombie, however. This zombie was a lot smarter than the others by a lot. He was taller than the others by half a foot. He was a bit thicker than the others by a few pounds. Most of all, his head was a LOT larger than the others by a LOT.

He was also dressed a lot nicer than the others. He wore a faded tan dress shirt with a brown and yellow striped necktie. He wore dark brown jeans and black polished dress shoes. Finally, he had a white lab coat that reached down to the middle of his calves.

He looked out the window of his giant zombie-shaped contraption and stared at Earth with a smile.

‘Those miserable humans,’ he thought to himself. ‘They thought they were so powerful and unstoppable. Well, I showed them! Now they’re all gone! Soon, the whole planet will be filled with nothing but my zombie creations! Nothing can stop me now!’ Just then, the door opened and a zombie ran in.

“Master!” it shouted in a deep voice. The big-headed zombie turned around and stared.

“This better be important, Minion!” he growled with a thick British accent.

“Master, there are survivors in California!” Minion exclaimed. “Four of them!” The big-headed zombie raised his eyebrows in shock.

“Survivors? That’s impossible!” he argued. “We got everyone in California!”

“Well, clearly not everyone!” Minion replied. “They just wiped out a whole hoard of ours!” The big-headed zombie stared for a while before turning around to the control panel. After pressing a few buttons, the entire view of Earth from the window was replaced with an overhead image of a house.

“That’s it!” Minion exclaimed. “That’s where they’re hiding!” The big-headed zombie stared at the screen for a few more seconds before turning around to Minion.

“Well, we shouldn’t have to worry so much,” he told him. “We got everyone else; we can get them, too!”

“Well, not exactly...” Minion said in a shaky voice.

“What do you mean?”

“Master...they have an army!!”

“An army?! You said they were the last ones! How can they have an army?!” Minion stared at his master with embarrassment.

“They have an army of plants, Master!!” His master stared at his minion with a blank expression. Finally, after what seemed like eternity, he started laughing like crazy!! He then looked back at Minion, who still had an embarrassed look.

“Oh, you’re serious?” The big-headed zombie asked. Minion nodded his head.

“Dead serious, Master. Er, no pun intended”

“How in the world are plants stopping zombies?!”

“Well, these aren’t normal plants. They’ve been mutated or something! They’re firing giant peas at the zombies! They take one zombie out in like 5 hits!”

The big-headed zombie stared off in the distance in thought. Finally, he turned back to Minion.

“This shouldn’t be too big of a problem. We’ll just need to give the zombies a bit more protection.

“With what, master...?”

“IMPROVISE!” With that, he turned back to the image of the house.

“Yes, Master,” Minion replied. He then ran out of the room. The big-headed zombie remained staring at the house.

‘I will not be outsmarted by a group of kids!’ he thought. ‘I will get their brains or my name isn’t Dr. Edgar George Zomboss!!’