4

Giving him the resignation letter!

Rich.

Everything here in the Riverview restaurant screamed rich. There were men walking in expensive suits and women in model dresses. Even the children here were more disciplined and trained than me. Now, I felt like an outsider. I knew how being rich feels like because I have attended few parties with my dad, but it was all before Sam was born. After his birth, I started spending time with him and stopped going to all those parties. I never liked going to such parties anyways and as Sam came, I got an amazing excuse to not attend such parties.

The tiles, the booths, the tables, even the glasses screamed expensive. There was even a chandelier hanging on top, like which restaurant have a chandelier? Obviously, this one. I shifted nervously from one foot to another and stood behind Mr. Steele in hope that no one would spare a glance at me.

"Reservations under Mr. Steele." He said and the girl behind the reservation desk shot him a flirtatious smile, not her fault, this man is handsome.

She showed us the way to our booth and left, but not before slipping her number beneath the glass, which he threw away in the dustbin.

"What would you like to have?" He asked and squirmed under his gaze. I don't know why, but this guy made me uncomfortable in a very different way.

"I don't know."

"Fine then, I'll order for both of us." I nodded and started playing with my fingers. I was starting to get bored because he was busy looking through the menu and I had nothing better to do other than staring at my phone. A minute or two passed with him looking through the menu and me fidgeting with my fingers. A minute or two after, I heard a 'ping' from my phone, indicating that I have received a message. I opened the message and it was from Matt.

' Standing outside. '

I smiled at the message and stood up from my place. Mr. Steele looked at me weirdly and I gave him a sheepish smile.

"I'll be right back."

Not waiting for his answer, I hopped outside the restaurant, happy to see my baby. Matt was standing leaning against his white BMW, with Sam standing beside him, holding his leg.

"Sammy!" I hugged him tightly and kissed him on his cheek, to which, he gave me a sloppy kiss of his own.

"Mummy! Shammy miss you." He said, making a crying face. I stooped down, so that I match his height and said, "Only for today baby."

"What do you mean by that?" Matt asked, I could see him squinting his eyes from behind his shades.

"I am going to quit the job Mattie." I said, with a small smile. His eyes widened, as if I have told him that I am pregnant or something.

"Enna, No! You cannot quit this job!"

"I know, Mattie, but he is a very uptight person and I am scared to ask him about Sam." He gave me a side hug and gave me a peck on the forehead.

"Enna, we can work something out. Maybe hire a babysitter? Just don't quit, please."

"I don't know, Matt. I really don't know what to do." I was honestly so distressed thinking about this.

"You know that I am with you in all your decisions, right?" He asked and I nodded.

"I have to go." Then I held Sam and adjusted him on my hip. "Mumma will be back in no time, sweetie. Don't cry, okay?" A hiccup escaped his lips and he hugged me tightly. My heart sank deeper and deeper, looking at him like that. He needs me and I cannot do a thing about it.