6.

It had been four weeks.

Four weeks until she heard from him again. She was starting to think that this time he finally had given up on her until he strolled into the bookshop looking like he owned the place. The bell had rang and expecting one of the regular customers to walk in she instead saw a six foot something man dressed in black jeans and a grey sweatshirt.

Lisa nearly did a double take when she saw him and dropped the pile of books she had been carrying to a shelf.

He looked down at the books and reached down to pick one up and said blankly 'You dropped your books.'

She didn't say anything to him and just walked past him, leaving him still holding out a book.

She heard him sigh as she placed the remainder of the books on a wooden shelf.

'Are you ignoring me?' She heard him say, his voice edged with humour.

Lisa just went back to the counter, and turned her back to him, she wasn't even sure why she was ignoring him, she shouldn't have been annoyed that he had disappeared for three weeks without a trace. She should have been delighted, ecstatic just like she had pretended to be to Adam that the man, no demon, that was causing her so much trouble had finally decided to give it a rest.

Except she wasn't. And the only trouble he had caused her so far was leaving her incredibly frustrated after his whole disappearing act in her apartment a month ago.

'You are ignoring me!' she heard him conclude, walking slowly towards the counter. 'I'm sorry, I had something I had to take care of, that took me a lot more time than I thought it would.'

She still blanked him, which was getting increasingly harder the closer he got to her. He put his arms on the counter, leaning against it, facing her back.

'Are you going to turn around so I can explain myself?' He said, his voice lowering.

Lisa felt her resistance snap. She mumbled a quick 'No.' and didn't make a move.

'No?' His voice changed to something more sinister.

She shook her head, her breath shaky and her heart beating wildly. She wasn't prepared to give in to him now, she was so pissed off. 'Tell me what's wrong, tell me why you're so angry with me.' he murmured.

She could feel his gaze burning into her back, and as much as she wanted to, as much as her body was telling her to turn around and face him she wouldn't.

'Lisa, I can't make up for something I don't know I've done.'

She understood him. His words made sense. He just didn't.

'Everyone keeps telling me things about you.' She began quietly. 'That you're dangerous, that you're crazy that you're possessive, and I have to admit, I was terrified what you were going to be like. I thought you were someone who would do anything to get what they wanted, and I thought you wanted me, isn't that crazy? Even when I met you, I was still kind of afraid that maybe you were exactly what everyone said, what Adam said, what Debbie said, what Damian said, but then I started to believe that you weren't, and I thought that was because despite myself I liked you, but then I realised it wasn't that. After your little disappearing act, I realised that you're none of that, you're not even worthy of the stuff people say about you.' She snapped angrily, getting all her frustration out and as she turned around with narrowed eyes to emphasise the final sentence.

He leaned back, straightening up to his full height, dwarfing Lisa completely. He had a killer grin on his face and his eyes were quite literally glowing.