Chapter 72 : Fight

Both Franky and Zoro took the small bridge on the lower level, while the others took the stairs in direction of Moria's dance hall. Luffy and Sanji were already rampaging through the castle, in search of food and Nami respectively.

You ran behind Robin, Chopper and Usopp, and you blinked when ghosts appeared at the top of the staircase. They passed through Sanji and Luffy, the both bending over as dark clouds hovered them.

"It's all over..." whined your captain pathetically. "If I were to be reborn, I would want to be a maggot..."

"I have such large eyebrows...I'm better off dead...." said Sanji, whimpering.

"Oi, Sanji, Luffy! What's wrong with you?!" cried out Usopp.

"Ne-ga-ti-ve! Ne-ga-ti-ve!" sang the ghosts in unison.

"Robin, what's going on?!"

"It's the ghosts' doing!" she answered. "When you touch them, you lose your will to live. We haven't found a countermeasure to it-"

"STRAIGHTEN YOUR BACK AND MOVE YOUR ASS ALREADY!" you snarled, kicking Sanji and Luffy's butt.

That sent them flying to the top of the staircase and they crashed against a few zombies standing there. Usopp and Chopper sweatdropped at the scene while Robin blinked in disbelief, before a smile made its way on her lips.

"Well, it seems we found one!"

"SHE KICKED THEM ALMOST THROUGH THE ROOF!" cried out the reindeer and sniper.

"LET'S KEEP GOING ALREADY!" you snapped at the trio behind you, running ahead.

Chopper and Usopp grabbed the fallen bodies of Luffy and Sanji, before following you close behind. However, when you were about to pass the doorway, there was an explosion and the roof above your heads collapsed. You avoided the debris as Robin, Chopper and Luffy were pushed next to you.

When the smoke cleared out, the staircase that led you at the top disappeared with the zombies and ghosts. Chopper was leaning against the edge, yelling for Usopp and Sanji's name.

"What happened?!" you grunted, clutching your head painfully.

"They had fallen!" yelled Chopper in his human form.

"Man, that surprised me!" cried out Luffy, rolling on his stomach. "Eh?! The stairs are gone! What happened?!"

"The zombies. Usopp and Sanji....Everyone has fallen" replied the reindeer.

"Too bad for them, I'm moving on ahead. If that bitch somehow breaks Steven and I'm not here to contain him, this island will disappear in a matter of seconds!!"