Chapter 73: Start of a Battle

Your mind was finally at peace when you busted inside La Florette's bedroom and saw your clothes laying on a bench. You were about to grab them when, suddenly, the castle shook wildly, the tremor so powerful that you had to cling to the bedpost to balance yourself.

Steven tugged on your earring, and before you could ask him what's wrong, the wall across from you exploded. You fell backward with a small cry, Steven grabbing unto your shoulder to not fall too. When the smoke cleared out, your breath caught in your throat when you realized the explosion carried half of the room down...with your clothes.

The new made hole gave you a view of a pair of eyes staring right at you, and you quickly recognized them.

"......SORRY....." said Oz bashfully, passing a hand through his wild hair.

"YOU BASTARD, YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME" you snarled. "AND I WAS ONE FT AWAY FROM HAVING BACK MY CLOTHES"

".......YOU LOOK PRETTY IN THIS DRESS, (Y/N).........ER, WHO IS (Y/N)?....." said Luffy's zombie and you deadpanned at him.

"I'm no one" you answered, and the zombie cocked his head stupidly at you.

"NO ONE?"

"No one" you repeated, wishing for the giant to leave you the fuck alone so you could get your clothes at the bottom.

"..............YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE TO BE PIRATE QUEEN" said suddenly the zombie, and you blanched.

"Wait, what" you trailed in panic. "Nononononono, get away from me. I have enough creeps on my back so I don't need another giant!"

"COME HERE"

You let out a screech, scrambling to get back on your feet and made a dash toward the exit. You dodged Luffy's shadow's hand, your side grazing the floor as the limb slammed against another wall. It fell down next to you, and you didn't waste any time to leave this place before you found yourself under a pile of debris.

The zombie let out a displeased yell that resonated through the walls of the castle, but you couldn't care less. Your plan to get back your clothes will have to wait for now. Turning a corner, you bumped into another person and you fell on top of him.

"(Y/N)?!!" stammered Usopp, staring up at you with a blush on his cheeks.

"Usopp!" you said. "The heck are you doing?!"

"I-I could ask you the same! I'm running away from a huge-ass zombie called Oz!!!" he replied in sarcasm.

"Well, you're not the only one. Let's go outside!"

Helping him to stand up, the two of you ran for the closest exit, the castle trembling once again but it was more violent. You both found a way out on top of a small bridge, and the sniper used his spectacles to search for the giant.