✙ Chapter 28 ✙

Hey!

So, I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter - a lot of people wanted Nora to go against her brother while others wanted her to forgive him, but in the end, I stuck with what I had originally planned! Thanks for reading! :)

~Lissa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nora, come here," Noah commanded, gesturing towards his side. Snapping out of my state of shock, I glanced at the three men standing behind him, holding guns that I assumed carried silver bullets. I recognized one of them as Kyle, a good friend of mine who spent the majority of his life at my house, crashed out on the couch. Drew growled, his hand shooting out and grabbing my forearm - of course, this caused my brother to whip his gun out. I heard a click! and quickly, stepped in front of Drew, just in case he lifted it to aim. The men behind him exchanged looks and Kyle shook his head at me, disappointed.

Noah frowned. "Move out of the way."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, before feeling Drew squeeze my arm. I looked over my shoulder at him and he nodded his head, whispering, "It's okay." Then, he stepped out from behind me, leaving himself open for one of them to shoot him. Noah smirked and raised his gun, aiming it at his chest; Hulk stepped forward with a growl, determined to protect his Alpha, but Katie grabbed his arm, keeping him held back. I gritted my teeth together and took a step towards Drew, holding up my hands in a surrendering motion. "I swear, if you shoot him, I'll kick your a*s."

"Ah, there's my little sister I remember," Noah said, tilting his head to one side. His finger lingered on the trigger and once again, I stepped in front of Drew. He tried pulling me back behind him - his need to protect his mate being very strong - but I stayed in place, staring my brother in the eyes. "Come on, Nora. If you come willingly and ditch the mutt -" Drew growled and I placed my hand over his. " - maybe Dad will forget about your betrayal. Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

"Okay, so I return home, then what?" I asked, harshly. "Am I supposed to continue hunting? You know I won't go back to that."

He shook his head. "You don't have to - we'll convince Dad into letting you out."

"If that happens, I won't be able to sit around, knowing you two are out hunting," I responded, honestly. I took a step forward and Drew grabbed my shoulder, keeping me close to him. "I'm not going back, Noah. They need me here."

He gritted his teeth together. "D*mmit, Nora! This isn't a choice - you have to come back! I'm trying to keep your a*s alive!" The gun wavered in his hand for a moment and I sucked in a deep breath, a little worried with the barrel pointed at me. I folded my arms across my chest and stayed where I was standing, directly in front of Drew. Noah glanced at the three men behind him who all shrugged, keeping ahold of their loaded guns. Taking a deep breath, he looked at me, eyes narrowed. "Just come with me, Nora. I won't hurt them."

"Maybe you won't, but they will," I said, gesturing towards his men.

"God, I forgot how difficult you are," he muttered, his grip tightening on the handle of the gun. "Nora, I'm just trying to protect you! I'm not here to hurt you, okay? I could never bring myself to harming you. . ."

"You said differently on the phone, remember?" I said, cocking an eyebrow. " 'You're the enemy, Nora; you'll be treated like one'." I mimicked his words on the phone, the words that had me in tears. Hurt appeared in his eyes and Drew touched my lower back with his hand, probably as a warning not to push him too far. "I'm the enemy, Noah - so, what are you waiting for? Pull the trigger because you'll have to get past me first."