Chapter Twenty One

Sitting down with an angry looking man and another staring at you weirdly didn't go well with me.

Alexander was all sorts of mad that I was here and I didn't make it better with my answer for how I got here.

Axel on the other hand kept sneaking glances at me every single chance he got, which was driving me to where I wanted to pull out each and every strand of my hair.

"If you don't stop looking at me, I swear what happens next will not be good for any of us," I threatened, as I caught him looking at me again.

He didn't say anything but turn around, while a dry chuckle came Alexander.

"Still angry at me?" I asked as innocently as I could.

Right now I could just imagine Elise laughing at my current situation.

He just brushed past me leaving me alone in the room with Axel who I was still thinking about murdering.

"So," he said awkwardly, turning around to face me.

"Don't even talk to me bitch, in all due respect Alpha," I said, putting my hand up.

That seemed to have angered his wolf a little since his breathing got hard.

"I mean a dog is a bitch, well female dog and that's exactly what you are," I smirked.

Maybe I was going to far because he is an Alpha but he did reject me over the most stupid thing in the world.

"Look Nyx, I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said." He came near me.

All I could do was laugh at his attempt to make this better, but he was just fueling my anger.

"Oh really now! By just letting another Alpha take me and letting this dumb pack run over me!"

"He's more powerful than I am. What was I supposed to do?" His face was full of emotion.

I shook my head at him.

"Nothing. Just forget about me Axel, because you had already lost me before you could even have me."

Walking away, I felt his burning gaze on my back, but I ignored it.

It was time to go see my old home since it has been quite some time.

Entering the house without knocking, I heard singing coming from the kitchen.

Darlia always liked singing, but the thing is that her voice just wasn't made for it.

"Looks like someone has been very happy since I've been gone," I said, strolling into the kitchen casually.

Jumping, she nearly cut herself with the knife.

"Who wouldn't be happy to be rid of a psycho like you," she smirked at me.

I smiled at her walking to the counter which had a fork on it.

"Do you really want to start off a conversation like this, especially us being in the kitchen of all places?" I pretended to be studying the fork.

"Oh, it's the best place to welcome a freak of nature like you." She twirled the knife in her hand.

"It sure is Darlia, but I don't want any blood on my hands today," I said, beginning to walk out of the kitchen.

I was almost out when she threw the knife at me, which I caught without seeing.

Turning around to see a surprised Darlia, a smile slowly made its way to my face.

"You asked for it."