7.

'Something wrong?' He said, studying her face intensely like he was trying to figure her out.

'Nothing's wrong.' She said calmly in reply, really unsure of what to do. He still leaned against the door frame and a look that was a mix between confusion and frustration crossed his sculpted features.

'You sure?' He said quietly.

She shifted her position on the bed so she was angled completely towards him. Tucking her knees into her chest, she sighed. 'What were you doing the past month?'

'Nothing important.' He said looking briefly at the ceiling and then the ground, anywhere but her eyes.

'You need to tell me now.' She stared at him, her voice still calm.

He exhaled, his grey eyes tired. He looked like he didn't want to have this conversation. 'Why, what's got you interested in my personal life all of a sudden?'

'I want you to tell me.'

He narrowed his eyes at her, 'Why? What reason do you have to care about what I do away from you?'

She could tell by his tone she was rousing some kind of suspicion already. She decided to tone it back a notch.

'I...I missed you.' She tried to make sound genuine after hearing what she had just heard from Adam.

'You're lying.' He said flatly, he didn't seem to be accusing her of this rather just stating it. She didn't know he he was so good at detecting people were lying to him or maybe it was just her lying.

'How do you know that, what kind of trust issues do you have that you don't even trust me.'

'I don't trust anyone.' He said, his voice going calm again.

'Is that why you've been killing the Hire an Incubus agents?' She blurted out angrily, suddenly regretting letting it out at his sudden change of expression.

The red eyes were back. Wow, two times in one night, that was a new record. Expecting him to express innocence, she was surprised when he just laughed.

'And just who have you been talking to?'

'It doesn't matter.'

'Was it Adam, your little friend?' he taunted, 'Did you two have a nice little chat? Did you tell him about this afternoon? I'm sure he'd be just thrilled.'

'I'm never letting you touch me again!' She shouted 'Now answer me, did you kill them?!'

His eyes burned like flames and he just smiled 'I didn't touch you, did I Lisa? I didn't lay a finger on you.' He straightened up from leaning against the door frame and took a step into the room.

'I said, did you kill them?' Lisa wobbled, not knowing how long her nerve was going to last.

'One day you will hate them all as much as I do.' He said softly, like he was trying to hide something that sounded like pain in his voice. 'One day you'll realise why they're just as fucking bad as I am.'

'What are you talking about?' Lisa yelled at him.

'I...I can't tell you.' He suddenly looked vulnerable and the red in his eyes flickered, like there was some other part of him trying to come to the surface. But before Lisa could anything, the crack on his surface disappeared as quickly as it had appeared and his expression hardened again to something hate filled.

'Yes, I killed them.' He spat, his voice like venom. 'Because they are all worthless scum.'

Lisa suddenly felt sick. She was standing across from a murderer, a cold blooded killer. She had feelings, albeit she wasn't sure what type of feelings they were, but feelings nonetheless for a killer. She took a look at him standing there, with an immense amount of anger sharpening his beautiful features into a cold expression. Who was she kidding? He'd probably murdered countless people. Hell, he'd probably murder her and feel next to nothing.