Bend A Knee

Reluctantly, I pull my hand away from him, creating much needed space. I need to breathe.

His presence does things to me, makes me want things from him that I'm not ready to have.

"Are you okay, Meela?"

"No."

He stands to his full height, invades my space, coming close enough to make my insides clench, the bond hums along my spine.

"You've ruined me, Northerner. You've ruined everything about who I am."

He wants to touch me, the compulsion twitching and squirming down his arm, into his fingers. He wants to reach out. I can see his muscles shaking with the exertion of restraining himself.

It's borderline painful for him, holding himself back, like a constant ache he feels deep in the pit of his stomach.

Backing away from him, no longer able to stand the heat of him. "I can't be what you want me to be, Northerner."

"I'm not going to ask for anything you can't give." His voice is so calm, so soft...gentle.

It's in his eyes, the kaleidoscope of color swirling with emotions. I taste it on him, the agony, the regret... failure.

He wants me to give him absolution. I can't.

I've sealed him to me on such a basic, chemical level, it's primal and he wants nothing else but me. Everything else is of no importance. I feel nothing else but him; everything he feels, everything he wants. I feel it roll through my body like great waves pounding the shore. One after the other, his thoughts almost drown me.

My compulsion wants to give him what he wants, my instincts want me to turn around, bend my neck in submission, drop on all fours and let him have what the Moon demands.

"You make me weak."

I nod, breathing out guiltily. "I know."

He takes my hand, resting the palm on his forehead. "I can feel you in here." He glides my hand over his face, my fingertips brushing against his lips, trailing over his mark and his body shudders with pleasure.

"I feel you in here." He presses my palm hard on his beating heart. He trails my hand down his bare chest, the tips of my fingers creating lines of heat between us, then down his abdomen, finally placing my palm low on his belly. "I always feel you here."

He places both hands on my head. "I want to be in here."

Saturating heat from the palm of his hand penetrates deep into my brain. My lids close slightly with pleasure. The tips of his fingers ever so carefully slide along my face, tracing over my lips, resting on my neck.

"I want my mark here." Still, his fingers descend between the valley of my chest, over my heart. "I want to be in here..."

The wolfs has a low rumble of delight in her chest.

Those fingertips of his purposely trail down my belly, cupping me. "I need to be in here." He lets the words fall on the spot he wants to mark me.

Clenching involuntary, the bond strumming heavy and thick in my body. I'm clouded by his want. He lets go, backing away very slowly. Silver and grey eyes peer intently at me. Both of us are fighting internal battles that can't be won.

"What does it feel like, Meela, to be in here?" He points to himself, cocking his head to the side.

"A beautiful curse," I manage to choke out, my voice cracking slightly. I'm bearing the weight of his eyes on me.