9.

unedited.
+pleasevoteandshare

***

Emiko was seated next to a bed with a book in her hand. She was currently reading one of the novels that she brought from Kaien's office to keep herself occupied, watching over Yuki as she slept.

She flipped a page slowly, following the words slowly with her hand as she read it though Yuki stirred in her sleep and Emiko had to look away from her book to see if her cousin was alright.

She had to take care of Yuki since Kaien had gone out, leaving the two girls alone. He told her he would be back early but it was passed nine o'clock already. It was fine for Emiko though, she was old enough to take care of herself and of Yuki now unlike before where she had to rely on an adult.

When Yuki didn't move from her position, Emiko went straight back to reading.

She found the book rather ironic if she must say so herself. It was based on two sisters who found themselves in the middle of nowhere and strived to survive; a situation Emiko was familiar with, however her and Yuki were much more lucky than they were.

Sisters, huh?

Emiko already knew from the very start that Yuki and her are not biological sisters. Having been explained further by Kaname when she was five, she eventually found out they were actually relatives, cousins. She has no memories of her father, or her mother, in that case and saw Haruka and Juri as parent figures even though they chose to turn their backs on her. It was quite obvious, as she grew, that she'd wonder about her real parents and would ask questions about them and who they were, though none of these questions would be answered by anyone as if they were hiding the truth.

Eventually Emiko gave up on asking as her mind started to register the fact that if she was left in the care of her aunt and uncle probably means her parents didn't want her anymore. That was that.

Sighing, Emiko decided to take a break from the intense reading. She closed shut the book and stood up from the chair as she placed it on the table beside the bright lamp. She then reached over to pull the covers up to cover the sleeping Yuki more before heading out.

Just when she closed shut the door she heard the ringing of the doorbell. That must be Kaien, she thought. The doorbell rung repeatedly which perked an annoyance in her since it hurt her sensitive ears, but since the doorbell was relentlessly ringing, she knew something was up.

She immediately rushed downstairs, turned the corner and headed straight for the door. She lifted her hand as she door unlocked by itself and was pulled opened my the force of her powers. Emiko cringed from wind that harshly entered through the door so desperately which made her squeeze her eyes shut before it calmed.

Hearing footsteps entering, Emiko opened her eyes.

"Kaien?" She questioned, surprise etched on her face. He was almost unrecognisable. His hair was no longer kept in a ponytail and was hanging freely and his glasses had gone missing. There was a little blood splattered on the side of his face in which she followed the trail from his neck to his torso and her eyes widened. His waist had a large gash and was bleeding but he kept pressure on it using his hand. Her eyes started to glow and her fangs were beginning to extract but she tried her best to control her self and filled her thoughts with Kaien's injuries instead.

"I'm going to need a new hair tie." He said, smiling as if nothing had happened.

This man was unbelievable, she thought before helping him inside.

"Honestly, what happened? Where did you go?" Emiko asked as she dressed the wound after treating it.

"I went to meet an old friend." He laughed, leaving Emiko dumbfounded.

"And you come back like this?"

"Well, he was-- is a hunter after all. I unintentionally made him mad so we had a little one on one fight which included him attacking me with no mercy though I never expected him to become this strong. I've known him since he was a kid."

She was able to recognise the person. The person he was talking about was Yagari Toga.

During the years Emiko spent with Kaien, he had told her about his past and his life goals; the coexistence of Humans and Vampires. He, himself, became a retired hunter to fulfill that dream.

But before any of this dreaming had happened, he was a vampire hunter. He was known as the Vampire without Fangs due to being genetically born with high and abnormal Vampire material. This would mean that he would not age and his strength and skill would become stronger.

Surprisingly, even though Kaien looked to be a man in his mid twenties, he is actually over two hundred years old despite being a human.

During his hunting days, Yagari first met Kaien as a child and from there their friendship started. Though now being a retired Hunter, Kaien still keeps in touch with Yagari.

Yagari Toga was still a hunter, but for some reason his rebellious attitude makes her admire him. He was the sort of person that wouldn't follow the Hunter Association to the core, he is more likely to do what he feels is right.

"Oh and by the way, Alice, tomorrow I'll be gone for a bit again." Kaien mentioned, snapping her from her thoughts.

She wondered. "Goodness, Kaien. Another fight with Yagari?"

He laughed and shook his head. "You'll see."

***

All the things I have mentioned about Kaien are facts! I honestly didn't know he was over 200 years old >< I should have read the manga ugh.