Chapter 4: Timeless Death

When you arrived in Central City, you noticed that S.T.A.R. Labs is undergoing a very different transformation. You missed a lot when you left 4 years ago: from Harrison Wells being the Reverse-Flash, Zoom killing Barry’s father, Caitlyn being heartbroken, Barry creating Flashpoint, Savitar killing Earth-19 Wells and Barry serving penance in the Speed Force. The only person here that you remember is Cisco and he’s thrilled to see you. “Man us Metas have to hang out more often.” Cisco said in a spry voice. You two laugh at that remark and quickly get down to business.

“Okay now I’m pretty sure you’re all wondering why you are all here.” Wally begins. “So the Speed Force has opened a supposedly permanent portal that has given 3 people super speed. And we have to close the portal. So we asked you here because Cisco, (S/N) and I would keep the speedsters occupied and you guys close the breach.” he said in a pace so fast it felt like he was breathing out a tornado. John pitches in and says “So what you’re technically asking us to do is close a portal that’ll give people speed? What’s so bad about that?”. A man who looked like a cop said “Because the portal giving people speed is also making their minds and perception warped to cosmic proportions. Did I say that right Cisco?”. Cisco said “Bless your heart Joe you said it correctly.” They shake hands and after the plan is gone over you introduce yourself to the others and you unpack your things including your sword which you secretly brought with you.

You put on your costume and about to hide your sword when Iris, the cop's daughter, enters to check on you and she sees the sword. “What is that and why do you have it?” she exclaims. 'Oh shit!' goes through your head as you turn to face her and try to think of a smart way to put it. “It serves as guidance for my powers. If I’m up against speedsters I might as well have aim.” you lie. “How did you know we were fighting speedsters and not ordinary Metas?” she questions. ‘Shit, she’s good!’ you think as you come up with another lie. “Central City’s full of Metas so I imagined some might have weaknesses or are too fast for the naked eye to see. Plus it’s a good luck charm.” you say hoping she’d buy it. “What’s so special about it?” she asks. ‘She fell for it.’ you think as you say “I found it the day I woke up and got my powers. It’s how I got the name (S/N).”. Oliver walks in, interrupting by saying “Time to go. Ready?” you turn and say “As I’ll ever be.”.

You head out in the van to the location and the ride there is silent probably due to lack of sleep but you were wide awake thinking about two things: will the plan work and will you be able to see Sara? You have been thinking about her ever since you became a member of Team Arrow. How she would look, talk and fight. You thought about it a lot now. As you were thinking about her you notice Diggle, who’s driving, looking at you cautiously. “What John?” you ask getting rid of the thought. John said “You don’t seem to be very focused (F/N), are you okay?” you turn to him and nod. “It’s just…I’m thinking about the future and what would happen if we win or lose.” you say worryingly. He stops and turns to you. “Why are you thinking about this now and not when we were fighting Lady Shiva?” he asks. You simply respond “Lady Shiva was just a martial artist and nothing more. What we’re fighting now is speedsters. It’s Metas against humans. It just doesn’t feel right.” John turns back to the road and continues driving. While he’s driving he says “I’ve kind of thought about it too. I’ve only been used to magic and time travel. Metas I’ve never gotten over.” You both laugh at that joke and continue on your way until you arrive.

As planned you, Wally, and Cisco take on the three speedsters that Cisco named Blur, Streak and Windman. You took on Streak while Cisco fought Blur and Wally fought Windman. You were the first to take down the speedster with a perfectly timed lightning strike in the chest knocking him out. As you entered the building to see what’s going on, you see the biggest portal in your life, nearly the size of an elephant. “How the hell do we stop it?” you ask with slight fear in your voice. “We need to hit it with enough energy that it implodes on itself. It’s the only way.” says Felicity through the comms. “So one of us has to sacrifice ourselves? Not happening. What would happen if it remains open?” asks Kurtis. Cisco kicks in saying “It would still implode but just be another Particle Accelerator.”.

You look at the portal knowing what type of damage it could do. You assume command for a quick second saying “Alright, I think I know how to stop it without anyone dying.” you say. They all look at you and wonder what you’re talking about. You continue saying “In case it doesn’t work I need everyone out of here. No use that we all die.” They all worryingly comply but Wally shows up in time to see you take out your comms. “What are you doing (F/N)?” Wally asks. You look at him and say “Forgive me Wallace.” as you punch him out of the room. You strike the portal with all your electricity and yell to Wally “It’s alright Wally don’t worry about me just get everyone out!” Wally looks at you with sadness filling his eyes “No, not without you!” “It’s alright. Only one of us has to die.” you say in a calm voice “Now get everyone out!” Wally runs to get everyone out as you sacrifice yourself. You notice that there’s a figure appearing in the portal and you say “Sorry pal! We’re closed!” you yell as the portal explodes.

Oliver’s POV

I’m outside suddenly and see Wally with tears on his face and out of breath. I look around to see if everyone is ok but I don’t see (F/N). “Wally where’s (F/N)?” I ask frantically. And just as I say that I see the building explode. I go on my knees nearly crying as Felicity over the comms say “What happened did it work?”. I say with a breaking voice “Yes, but (F/N)’s” I couldn’t muster those last words but I wind up doing so “(F/N) didn’t make it.” I could see everyone crying and nearly wanting to go in there and get (him/her) out but I thought I saw (him/her) but it was an old friend: Barry. He shows up with dust all over him and collapses in front of us. I get up and take him to the van, desperate not to lose anyone else I say “Let’s go.” with Barry in my arms and my heart beating slowly. Everyone complies and we all head to S.T.A.R. Labs while Dig's driving. It was so quiet on the way back only filled by some tears and sobs from others. When we arrived we gave them the bad news it hit everyone hard especially Cisco. We didn’t know how to go on without (F/N). I planned for a funeral later on. But I know no one wants to talk about it now. Especially not me.