Chapter 6

Tatiana

After my emotional episode a couple of days ago, a momentary sign of weakness, I psyched myself up that this was just a little mishap. Anton being here shouldn't be a major issue. Anya went to my room that day but I said I wasn't hungry, she didn't pester me after that. She just got a maid to deliver my food and that's that. I'm pretty sure they're not aware of mine and Anton's relationship. If you could even call it that.

A week has already passed and I was always on the training rooms. Nobody really bothered me every time I practiced my shooting and assembling drills.
It has been my routine now, wake up, do my bathroom necessities, my food delivered and then I dress up for training. Walking out of my room, I knew someone was watching me, but I didn't know who. I brushed it off and headed towards the training area.

I've seen Dimitri around the mansion and every time I saw him he was seriously a different person. You couldn't see any traces of emotion in his eyes and he looked every bit of the ruthless mafia man he was. Even so, the amount of respect his men has for him was seen visibly. We'd make eye contact every now and then but I was always the one to break the contact. I don't get intimidated too easily but his aura was enough to put me unease.

Walking down the halls, Viktor suddenly came out of the other hall with a smile on his face.

"Are you training today?" He asked swinging an arm around me.

"Yes" I said shrugging off his arm.

"That's good, come on. I bet you'll love this"

"Love what?" I asked nonchalantly. But the truth was, what he said caught my attention. I was bored out of my mind and maybe something different would appease my boredom.

"You'll see" he said as he took my wrist and ushered the both of us.

He led us through a series of hallways and finally came face to face with a metal door.

"Where are we? Anya didn't show me this part of the place?"

"It's because she's not allowed here"

"And why is that?" I asked.

"You ask too many questions kroshka" Viktor said punching a code near the door.

I rolled my eyes at his sassiness and crossed my arms. The light turned green and our access was granted.

"Oh my god" I said in awe.

They do have a shit ton of money. In front us was like every assassin's dream training room. It was filled with interactive obstacle courses and shooting ranges at the same time. It was like American Ninja Warrior in real life.

"I'd maybe want to close my mouth...?" Viktor teased.

"Shut up" I snapped as he laughed loudly.

"Oh, before we start, remember not to take on the final course without supervision. That course is literally a killing machine" he said.

"Yeah yeah" I said brushing it off.

We proceeded on training separately. It was obvious that the place was an advanced course and that it isn't used that much. I came to realize that the farther the course goes, the harder it gets.

The first few stages was easy, just robotic dummies that needed to be thrown off physically. Using my knowledge in taekwando and jujitsu, I applied the moves I was thought and took them down in under five minutes. The next course was like a dodge ball ring, instead they throw mini bullet like foams. It was like hard pellets that hurt even though they aren't technically metal. Standing in front of the course, I gave full attention to it. The first ball striked with a whizzing sound and damn was it fast. I dodged it in the nick of time. The balls where coming towards me so fast I was like a gymnast in double speed. By the time it was over, I was already exhausted. I managed to get hit in the arm once, trying to block off a ball from hitting my face and it really did hurt like a bitch.