Staten Island Ferry

SPOILERS FOR SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Directly from being abruptly sucked out of Stephen Strange's fight with Kaecillius, I was thrown into another spot in time. Why, I could never explain. How, also was a question unknown. What? That one I could answer.

The gem or stone (or just thing, for lack of a better term) connected to me decided to pluck me from Stephen Stranges' mystical world and toss me into a different one, one familiar to me.

In New York, I continued to stay, only this time, for some odd reason, I was on an orange ferry. I was dropped from out of thin air onto a ferry, one, by looking around, I noticed, said was heading for Staten Island.

"Aw, hell no," whispered one of the passengers upon seeing me pop out of a magical blue dust. "Why did she have to come when I'm on this ship?"

"Ferry's are considered boats, dumbass," I grumbled, then walked by the whispering passengers to leave the level.

I didn't know what made it tempting for the gem to decide to send me to a Staten Island Ferry. No one I knew lived in Staten Island, let alone would ride a ferry in their free time.

"Excuse me," I said, waving my hand in front of a terrified passenger. I then realized I hadn't exactly eased the passengers worry since then. Nowadays, when you saw things along those lines, people tended to panic. Especially in New York.

"Oh, uhh.." I paused and hopped on a bench. "Nobody be afraid! I might be considered a war criminal, but you are all just fine. I won't hurt you. I just need to know what year it is!"

I was met with silence, blank stares, and a few nose scrunches from older people who stared at me in distaste.

"You're not in danger?" I tried again.

But, of course, that statement was false the minute after I said it. Right then, the ferry began to shake. Explosions could be heard in the lower levels, metal grinding-- generally, not good things when it reaches ears anywhere, but especially on a boat.

I pointed my finger at the accusers who stared at me. "Okay, I didn't cause that one! But I will go check it out. Stay calm, I guess. I'll be back."

I hustled to the edge of the ferry. A parking garage was stationed at the bottom of the ferry, I saw a glimpse of it from over the edge. I hurled my body over and fell through a portal on top of a car.

It began to beep hysterically when I landed, which didn't help the scene, at all. It brought attention to me, from both a familiar mask, and an unknown bird man attacking him.

"Underoos!" I breathed.

"Clara?!" screamed the kid.

In the quick meet and greet, the attacking bird tried to swoop in and get in another hit. I dismissed him by throwing him through a portal, squishing him in between a loop until I could make it to the kid.

I jumped through a portal next to him.

"Kid, what the hell are you doing? This isn't the best place to fight anyone, there's civilians," I scolded.

"Freeze! F.B.I. Put your hands up!" yelled a man from the upper deck, aiming his gun at my chest.

"Really?" I called up. "You have a man dressed like a damn bird attacking the boat and you're trying to arrest me? What did I do?!"

"Besides aiding and abetting?" asked the kid.

"There were good intentions," I shrugged. "Forget it. We have something else to worry about. Who's this guy, why is the F.B.I here, and how do we stop him?"