63

WARNING: triggering scene happens in this chapter!

There wasn't much contact with Harry during dinner. Coach Payne hidden the fact Harry had been drunk. It was a nice celebration then it turned when I tried talking to Harry in the end. He didn't want to talk, so he just went off with Zayn. The night was tense and weird.

My dad dropped Monique off then he brought us to our place. I offer him to come in with us and of course he took it. We spent the night together until he fell asleep on the couch. Alec goes straight to bed because he had work in a few hours. I put a blanket over my dad then cleaned the drinks they had.

My phone buzzes on the counter and they were from Harry. It was barely three in the morning. I was too tired to talk to him, so I ignore it. I went to my room and tried falling asleep, but my phone kept going off. I was getting annoyed by the constant buzzing. I check the phone to see it was a call from Zayn.

"I swear, if the both of you are drunk-"

"Listen to me." Zayn orders. "I hate that you don't believe me when I say I'm done with alcohol."

I sigh, rubbing my sleepy eyes as I apologize. "It's just late and I'm tired."

"I know it's late and I was supposed to head back to the city three hours ago." Zayn tells me, sounding drained. "But Harry doesn't want to leave. Can you please come get him because I can't just leave him like this."

I take a minute then sat up from the bed. "Where are you?"

"I'm so sorry for putting this on you?" Zayn says once I step out of the car. "I know you don't like to deal with drunken people-"

"It's fine." I say, opening the door and Zayn sets Harry in the car. "He's taken care of me in this state and I guess it's my turn."

I shut the door, leaning against it. Zayn stared down at me with a taunting smile and I questioned it. I thought he would say something about me being in my pajamas.

"You were drunk before?" he teases. "I mean, I've seen you drink, but not to the point where you need someone to take care of you."

"It was one time and the only time." I laugh, lightly pushing him. "Thank you for taking care of him." I say softly, hugging him.

"It's been a while, but I've done it for years before." Zayn looks down at him through the window. "He was like my little brother. We used to have these little fights, but got over it because you can't be mad at your brother for such little things. Then I was an idiot for what I did to him and I lost him."