15: Amy white - home

Amy Allisons POV

I totally forgot what happened between me and Axel until I stared at the back of Alyssas head. What on Earth did Axel have to tell me something about Alyssa. Had Alyssa got a boyfriend? Highly unlikely. Did Alyssa get a new enemy? Did it have to do with medical school. He was probably meant to say "Alyssa is my aprentice". Nothing else really makes sense, my brother no wanting anything to do with his mate and the fact that my best friend was turning sixteen soon. When I think about it, she turns sixteen in twenty nine days. I turned to the clock that ticked away on my beside table. One past twelve. Okay, so twenty-eight days until her birthday.

Whenever Alyssa got back from work I was never allowed to disturb her, even in the morning because she would still be "tired". She worked all the time and this weekend would be no exception. And for the party tomorrow night - well tonight, she didn't have late shift. Dorian and his cute friend were going to pick us up when everyone was asleep and we would have successfully snuck out.

The door to my room opened slowly, causing me to close my eyes quickly and pretend to sleep. I focused on my breathing and keeping myself calm. Who was in my room? Am I going to die? I peeked my open to see Axel sitting on Alyssas' side of the bed, staring down at her as he brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. My body froze, what was my brother doing? Axel then left, leaving me with more questions. What did he want to tell me? And why was he being creepy and sneaking into my room to check on Alyssa? Did her parents say something? My mind whirled with any possible explanation, but they were impossible and bizarre.

Both my parents left for work early, they were both called into the office, weirdly enough. And Axel wasout dropping Alyssa off at work. She only had morning hours. Axel had invited us to come with him to see his friends for the next generation pack program show but I had refused on behalf of Alyssa and myself. I waited in boredom alone, trying to find the appeal that Alyssas book had, which was absolutely nothing. The book was about a normal human girl whose mother died and apparently her father was a famous celebrity. I didn't find the appeal as it was boring and there were so many words. Rolling my eyes, I perked at the sound of Axel pulling back into the driveway. Quickly, I raced upstairs to get onto my computer. I had promised to send an email to a friend, Emily, about the party this weekend. That and I told Emily about what Axel nearly told me, I hadn't told Alyssa anything because I knew she'd go and ask him if he was alright. Which obviously he wasn't as he actually cried. But he had slapped me! All because I said - well what I had said was another reason I hadn't told Alyssa. Emily didn't know about the slap but she did know that the big bad Axel had cried and wanted to say something about Alyssa. Emily also knew about last night when he came into my room to check on Alyssa. That's when Emily said the stupidest and ridiculous thing ever.

@Emily_Wheeler_Wolf321 - Maybe your brother has a thing for her?

My eyes stared at the email as the door to my room opened. "Look - Amy." I spun around in my swivel chair to face him. "About last night - I was going to tell you - " He bit his lip nervously. "I don't know how to say this - I found my mate." My mouth flew open. I was relieved, that means he doesn't have a thing for Alyssa. "I actually met her three years ago." He continued. "I - Amy, Alyssa. Alyssas my mate."

No.

I couldn't say it but I wanted to. Why couldn't it have been anyone else. Why did Axels mate HAVE to be Alyssa. It stared to make sense and I hated it. Why Axel always bought her things. Why he volunteered to drive her anywhere. Why he came in last night to check on her. He always woke her up first. His wolf, how his wolf always heeled to her, always sat next to her. And Dorian. No wonder he had got Alyssa to not go near him.

Why he had slapped me.

"What?" I finally breathed. "I - I need a moment." That's when I noticed Axel was close to crying.

"No - No hear me out." He took a calming breath. "I didn't tell you because she's your best friend - and I'm just your brother - I can't control what the moongoddess chooses - "

"Uh, okay." I said quietly.

Everything became clear. They were mates. I closed my eyes and exhaled lightly, the anklet he bought. The name of it on the receipt. Mate. The anklet was something you give to your mate - I thought it was because it was her sixteenth birthday - not that he was gifting his mate.

"Does anyone else know?" I asked.

"Rosie and Darren, that's it." He confessed. "Amy you're my sister - I don't want anything to come between us."

"Than reject her." I found myself saying. I didn't look at him in the face as he fell into silence.

"Amy - no." His voice shook. "If you - Amy I've waited three years - I'm not ever going to reject my mate." He took a step away from me. I looked up, meeting his gaze. His eyes filled with hurt and regret.

"She's my friend Axel, I don't need you to ruin my friendship - " he cut me off.

"If you suggest I reject her once more there won't be a friendship between you two. And there won't be anything between us. I'll never see you as my sister ever again." He told me calmly.

With that my brother walked out of my room. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to be talking to me anytime soon.

I jumped when I heard his care angrily pull out of the driveway.

What have I done? I let a few tears fall.