Chapter 51

One second, Jacob was sitting on the grass and connecting with the storm. The next second, he was at the house and falling hard against the wooden steps. The force broke them and scratched his ribs.

Flora who was sitting on a chair on the porch received the fright of her life.

Hunter barely had time to breathe before he could register that his mate was not sitting next to him anymore and was almost two hundred meters away within a blink of an eye.

"What the..." He wasted no time and ran over to him. Jacob had hurt himself and he was incredibly confused. The storm hovered over the field like it was waiting for its master.

Flora slowly climbed out of her chair and hurried over to Jacob who had fallen through the steps and was lying on the ground, trying to understand how he did that.

When Hunter reached the house, he immediately reached for his mate and they both pulled him out.

"Are you alright my dear?" Flora questioned and brushed down his t-shirt. Jacob shuffled away. He didn't know Flora that well and he was still working on being able to cope with unfamiliar people.

"Yes," He whispered. The broken wood had ripped his t-shirt and he was cut badly.

Hunter gently rubbed his back with concerned eyes.

"Are you able to heal that like you healed your head?"

"I'm not sure," Jacob mumbled and looked back up to the sky when it rumbled deeply. "But I-I don't think it's finished yet."

He stepped away from him and his grandmother so he could walk back into the eye of the storm. They watched, feeling intrigued but nervous.

"According to myths, the gods had teleportation gifts. I'm pretty certain Jacob has just received his," Flora said quietly.

"Teleportation?" Hunter watched on like he was stuck in a movie.

Jacob didn't know why or how he had felt that it wasn't over as he reached his hand back up to the sky. Almost instantly, the electricity shot down and connected with him. Jacob closed his eyes and took a big breath. It was like the sky was giving him guidance and calming him down.

It took a minute or two of the electricity, pumping through his veins for him to realise that now, it had finished its job and the next power within him was fully set. The bolt of lightning disappeared and the clouds moved on. Jacob brought his hand back to his side and looked down to his ribs. There was not a scratch in sight.

He then smiled which surprised Hunter. He couldn't tell if he was going to freak out or break down. He was coping better with this godly stuff than his lack of social abilities.

"Jacob," He questioned. "Nana said gods had a gift of teleportation. Is that what just happened to you?"

"I think so," Jacob walked back over. "I-I guess, what else could it be?" He was a little startled by it all however, he was learning that the power was not a threat but something spectacular and it's completing its journey in finding all the missing pieces of the puzzle that he has lived without for all these years.

Hunter ran a hand through his hair with a growing smile.

"That is so cool," He was in awe of him, just a little bit. "Can you do it again?"

Jacob quickly shook his head.

"I don't want to right now."

"Okay," Hunter reached out and took his hand. His skin was so warm and soft. "Give yourself time to get used to it."