..

"Life is to be lived,

not controlled,

and humanity is won by

continuing to play in face of

certain defeat."

1952

Ralph Ellison

HI.

Welcome to the newest and revamped version of A Hero's Secret! As of October 9, 2021, I've completely updated this story. So if you're reading and there's comments and you're like, what the heck is happening—well, that's what happened.

Initially, I intended to query this version and see if I could get a deal, which I tried for a short period of time. But, life gets hard and mental health hits hard, so instead of sitting on this and "querying" (spoiler alert—it was only a few months of trying), I'm letting it all out and moving forward.

Writing is really fucking hard and sometimes, stories need to live somewhere other than a professionally published book.

So, if you're new here, ENJOY! If you are returning, I hope you fall in love with the story a second time (and yes, I'm assuming you really liked it the first time).

Thanks everyone. You're the best.

Jen

HEY GUYS

HEY GUYS.

Thank you so, so much for choosing to read A Hero's Secret! It's my baby and has honestly helped me through a lot, so it means the world.

That being said, this is the VERY first draft of the story. Grammar, tenses, jumbled sentences, and not-so-planned out twists are all things you will see sprinkled in. I'm not positive when or if I will fix them, but I'm currently editing the THIRD draft, so my time is a bit sparse.

I want to publish this story, so the final drafts will not be posted. It will include 20,000+ words and hopefully hold a lot more mystery, character development, and romance. I don't know where that would take the Wattpad version (off the site completely, or just a teaser, etc), but I will keep everyone updated!

Also, I take all comments and tips into consideration while editing! The time it takes to edit and edit some more is a lot because my attention span is sometimes not there, so keep the critique coming! It will always help!

[EDIT: I'm STILL editing, but am coming up on a draft I feel comfortable sending out, so I am serious about your feedback! Give it all!]

Thank you!

Jenna