CHAPTER FIVE

'Human! Wake up!' Rain yelled in a panic tone.

What...?

Suddenly, loud screams and yelling awoke me fully. Another shatter of something breaking shook the entire pack house. My eyes blinked, trying to get used to the lit room. Who the hell screams this loud early in the morning? I roll over, nearly falling out of my bed, but Rain kept pacing inside my head; growling. She kept whimpering out, 'Go to mate. He needs us. Go.'

With no questions asked, I obliged and wrapped myself in a robe due to the chilly air of the morning. Stepping from my bed, I walked into my bathroom and washed myself quickly before heading out the door. Scanning my surroundings, I looked for my mate, he wasn't in his room.

Strange...

Without warning, another crash sounded throughout the hall in his office. A spike of fear struck within me, not knowing what was happening and what was in his office. I feared the worst. Tip toeing myself to the door, I found myself peeking through the doorway. There, I saw a woman who seemed haggard and reeked of alcohol. Scrunching my face in disgust, I couldn't help but gag at the fact that she hasn't showered in probably weeks.

She was holding a broken bottle, yelling a bunch of profanities to god knows who. It seemed like she was talking to herself but I knew she wasn't. Why was she here?

Glancing further into the room, I only see my mate in the corner, cowering in fear. The room was a mess. The desk was flipped upwards with files lingering all over the floor. There was a bunch of broken glass littering the once beautiful wooden floor with some spilled liquor.

The woman walked one step closer t0 my mate before pulling him by the collar, and I could see him gasp in fear before she suddenly slapped him. Hard. "You damn bástard, I should have aborted you when I had chance! This is all your fault!" Before she rose her hand again and this time, hit him with the broken glass bottle. I could hear a whimper escape from my mate as he continued to take her abuse.

The smell of blood grew stronger.

Seeing this made me outraged, as Rain growled louder, overtaking my skin. A snarl escape from me as my claws grew. Before she even had the chance to throw another hit, I grabbed her wrist. The woman turned around quickly, shocked that someone was behind her. Her expression changed from surprise to a sneer. Dropping Kronos, she threw him to the side with a thud. Another whimper from my mate escaped.

"Who are you?!" She slurred, struggling against my grip on her wrist. Eek, her breath reeks of alcohol.

My eyes narrowed, swirling with anger. "I'm the Luna of this pack. Who are you and how dare you touch my mate." I seethed, my claws digging into her skin until I drew blood. I wanted to break her hands entirely.

The woman's face morphed into a scowl, upset with my wording. "You? Luna? I'm the Luna of this pack!! Do you have any idea who I am! I am Luna Gaia! HOW DARE YOU --"

Letting go of her wrist, I lashed out at her, my hand lunging out for her throat, slamming her onto the ground. My wolf wanted blood, more importantly, hers.

My fangs were out, outraged that it was this woman that damaged my mate. "Luna Gaia you said? That's a good story, but in what chapter do you shut the fuck up?" I hiss out.

If this was Luna Gaia, it didn't seem like it. She was more graceful and beautiful the last time I saw her. This was many years ago and she looked like a completely different person. I scoffed, tightened my grip around her throat. Gaia struggled, gasping for air.