Eight

When Dan woke up, he was confused. He wasn't in his bed, let alone his house. Then last night came rushing back, and he grinned widely.

  He was in Phil's house. He'd slept over.

  Just as he thought this, a door from somewhere in the flat opened, and Phil walked into the front room. Shirtless. Oh, his body is to die for, Dan thought.

  Phil looked surprised when he saw Dan, but then smiled. "Oh, I forgot you'd stayed over. Sorry for falling asleep on you last night, I was exhausted."

  Dan stood up from the couch. "No problem." Phil made his way into the kitchen, and Dan followed awkwardly, not used to being in someone else's house.

  "You want some breakfast?" Phil asked.

  "Oh, no thanks. I can just head back home, get something there." Dan said, shuffling back out of the door.

  Phil smirked at him. "Don't be a prick, Dan. It won't be any trouble."

  Dan smiled and sat in a chair, watching Phil shuffle around the kitchen and pull out ingredients from the fridge and cabinet. He really did seem to be making a lot of effort. Dan usually just had some cereal, didn't bother with cooking.

  After a few minutes, the kitchen was filled with the sounds and smell of cooking food. Dan inhaled deeply; the last time he had someone cook for him was when he was a teenager and his mum made his meals. It was really nice, to experience it again. Especially with a shirtless Phil.

  Dan stared at Phil's back (and, let's be honest, his ass too) the whole time, thinking that he would really like to just come up behind him and wrap his arms around Phil's waist. His thoughts veered into the naughty section, and he was so caught up he didn't hear Phil talking to him.

  "Dan?!" Phil shouted, waving a spatula in his face. Dan jerked back into reality, blushing at the thoughts he'd just been imagining. "Lost in your head again?"

  "Yeah, sorry." Dan said. You have no idea. "What were you saying?"

  "I was just asking how much you wanted. I don't know your dietary habits, so... " he laughed.

  "Just... splitting its okay with me."

  Phil went back to cooking and Dan went back to trying not to mentally have sex with Phil. Nothing good would come out of that.

  Phil set a plate full of food in front of Dan, and Dan gaped at it. "Jesus Christ, Phil, you don't mess around, do you?"

  Phil shoved him playfully, both of them laughing. "Don't act like you're nod gonna eat it all. I've seen you devour food before."

  That was logical reasoning.

  Dan took some bite, and smiled; it was delicious. Although he was sure that he would eat anything of Phil's. And now back to the naughty thoughts.

  "So what are you going to do today?" Dan asked as he shoveled in more food. He hoped that maybe Phil would want to hang out again, they'd had so much fun last night.

  "I have a birthday party to attend, actually, my niece is turning seven." Phil said. Dan tried to hide his disappointment. Now he'd have to spend all day alone. "What about you?" Phil asked, snapping Dan back into the now.

  He'd probably just do nothing all day, sleep, internet, and think about Phil. "I don't know, maybe just walk around a bit, sleep some more." At least the sleeping part was true.

  Phil laughed, and it was a cute laugh, really. "Sounds like a typical day for you." he said.

  After the food was gone and the plates cleaned, Phil started to get ready to leave.

  "You want me to go ahead and leave then?" Dan asked. Of course I should leave, what kind of creep sticks around while someone gets ready? He thought.

  "You don't have to, we could leave together. I don't want you to walk home alone. Plus, it's on my way there." Phil said from his room. Dan was perfectly okay with that.

  "Hey, would you mind if I used your laptop?" Dan asked.

  "Sure, just a second." A moment later, Phil walked into the living room with the computer, still fucking shirtless. Stop being so damn beautiful, Lester. "Here you go, the passwords 'Lion'." He said, then walked back into the room.

  Dan logged on and quickly checked all his social media accounts. Of course, nothing exciting had happened, but he still liked to keep up. After surfing through Tumblr for a bit, Dan heard the shower turn on. God, now he was imagining Phil taking a shower. And Dan with him. Jesus, he needed to get ahold of himself.

  Pull it together, Daniel! If you don't, he's gonna find out, and you don't want to ruin this friendship, do you? Right. No matter how sparkly his eyes are, or how soft his hair is, or how hot his body is.... dammit! Stop thinking like that, just stop. You're gonna get nowhere like this. Just... take a deep breath. Calm yourself...

  Dan tried to calm down, and it slowly started to work. His heart stopped beating so fast and his breath came normally. Man, his hormones were raging. He felt like a highschool kid again.

  The shower shut off and Dan focused again on the laptop screen, trying to seem distracted. Phil came back into the living room, fully dressed this time, which made Dan sad and relieved at the same time.

  "You about ready to leave?" Dan asked.

  "Yeah, let me just do my hair." Phil replied. His hair was already perfect, Dan thought. It was still a bit damp and messy, and Dan wondered if that was how it would look if he ran his fingers through it, both of them tangled in the sheets, the air steamy from-

  Dan, if you don't stop this kind of thinking, I swear I'll.... make you cry sadly as you realize this kind of thing will never happen.

  "Dan?" Phil asked. "You ready?"

  Dan nodded and jumped up from the couch, following Phil out the door and to the lifts.

  As they started walking to Dan's flat, they didn't talk. It was one in the afternoon, and it was just starting to get busy, they had to push their way through the crowd, apologizing quite a few times to children and old ladies.

  Dan wished they had some kind of conversation on the way over, cause in no time at all, they were in front of his building, and he wouldn't see Phil for the rest of the day.

  "See you later then?" Dan asked hopefully. He still wasn't too sure if Phil was going to realize how lame how was and dump him. He wanted to hold on to this friendship as long as possible.

  "Yeah, I'll call you, 'Kay?" Phil said, and Dan waved at him before walking into the building. He turned and watched Phil leave through the glass of the front door. He sure did love watching him leave...

  Not even gonna warn you, Dan.