(8) Worst lunch of my life.

Primrose's POV

"What do you think?" Lilac asks, showing me her outfit.

Outfit:

"Cute and simple," I say

"Just what I was going for." She says.

"You want me to do your eyeliner?" I ask.

"Yes, please! I envy your steady hands." She says.

"We can't all be talented. I guess," I say, smirking.

Once I'm done helping her, I change in her bathroom.

Outfit:

I put my hair up and put on a cap

I put my hair up and put on a cap. I step out and ask, "Incognito? A regular person hiding behind a hat."

"Love it! He's on his way, so you should get going." She says, handing me her car keys.

I head outside and back out of her driveway. I stay inside the car and wait for Lilac and her date to arrive.

10 minutes later, I spot them near the entrance and realize her date is Matt. I was not expecting that...

A few minutes later, I stepped into the restaurant. I look for Lilac and see her near a window. When I look around for an empty table, I spot someone familiar in the corner.

I walk towards him and see him glance at me. "Why do you look suspicious?" I ask, pointing at his hoodie and sunglasses.

"Rose? What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I can't eat at a restaurant?" I ask, confused.

"Sorry, that was rude. I meant-" I cut him off.

"I'm kidding. My best friend is on a date, and she wants me to make sure she's safe." I say.

Alex invites me to sit down, so I slip into the chair across from him. "Were you waiting for someone?" I ask, not sure if I should stay here.

"Nah, I'm guessing your best friend is Lilac? The only friend I ever see you with? I'm here to make sure Matt's not going to get murdered today." He replies.