bad liar & bad surprises

"What did you do with all those anons I sent you and you never replied to? Also, all those times you talked with Carissa about me... I heard it, baby."

Why the fuck was he saying this now?

"Mhmmm.. Well I don't have a reasonable explanation for that." Stupid. Stupid.

"I do, and that's why we're here right now, don't ya think babygirl?"He smirked. Honestly he was going to kill me any time soon.

        +

Hey Anna, it's Alex. Could we repeat the dinner? Last time it didn't go so well so I was just thinking.. why don't you bring your friend too? Erm, Marissa? I don't remember her name. Well, I hope this time goes better

I heard the voice message and thought it could be a good idea. They wouldn't be all over me if Carissa was there speaking. 

After I called her and told what was going on, she agreed and both hung the phone to start getting ready. School was almost over and none of us were attending.

     +

"I think I'm starting to like Alex, you sure you don't mind?" Carissa told me while we were getting our hair done. 

I didn't mention to her that Alex didn't even know her name, since it would hurt her and I wanted to get rid of Alex. Nobody would ever know.

"I don't mind at all. Listen, you go with Alex so whenever you go to his I can go too without it being strange and I can meet Harry there." I shrugged as I put the red lipstick on.

"Bitch since when are you this cold?? I love that." She simply said. I couldn't help but laugh.

     +

"C'mon it's not that hard. Just knock the door." I told Carissa. She was shaking. I have never seen her like this.

"Girl what if--"

Then the door opened and it was Alex's dad. I greeted and got in looking for Harry. He was sitting talking to Alex with a whiskey in his hand, and I could tell he was not very happy. 

I frowned as I got close to them, and when he saw me he smiled and Alex got up. I did not even notice Alex.

This was going to be uncomfortable.

Carissa was behind me, and Ifelt like something was bothering her. 

"Hey what's wrong?"

"We have to get the fuck out of here. Like now." She said roughly.

"What? No fookin way."

"Please, just--"

"Any problem, girls? Dinner is almost ready." Said Alex. 

His dad and his uncle were sat already on the table talking what i thought would be business.

      +

The room was filled with such awkwardness I was afraid to say something. The only one stupid enough to not notice was Alex. He was talking how he got to know me and Carissa and didn't shut the fuck up.

When dinner was done, which was quickly since nobody said a word but Alex, we sat on the sofa.

I needed to know what was going on so I excused myself before getting up and patted Carissa's leg to make her realize I did want to talk to her.

When we got to the bathroom she seemed nervous.

"What's wrong with you tonight?" I asked her abruptly.

"Remember the divorced man I slept with?"

"Yeah but what-"

"It's Alex's dad."