Chapter 18

It had been a week since I had been caught snooping around and even though I had been having a hard time sleeping since the beginning I was having an even worse time now. Every day I had been having these little flashbacks that all took place in this house and pack grounds. Several people including every member of the alpha family have been in them.

I was making my way to the kitchen when I heard voices coming from the dining room. Once again I acknowledged the consequences that came with snooping the last time I was caught. Although the members of this pack had shown me nothing but kindness, Alpha Ryan's obvious disdain toward me was more than obvious. I could tell he cared deeply about his pack and that his rude and mildly frightening behavior was only directed towards me, the rogue, the outsider. I guessed his attitude toward me was justified, I could have been a serial killer for all he knew.

I stealthily made my way to the entrance of the kitchen where I could still hear their conversation going without looking suspicious.

"She has to be her, she has to be my little girl." Alana spoke.

"Honey, it could just be a coincidence, you know what kind of man he was."

"No! I would feel it if she was dead, I'm her mother."

"And I'm her dad and I'd like to believe that our daughter is out there somewhere safe."

"She is alive you heard him say her name, my baby is alive Christian and I'm not about to let her slip though my fingers again."

"Mom, you can't do that without proof and even if she was her, why doesn't she remember us? If she was related to us she would have said something by now." That was Alpha Ryan speaking now.

I wonder who they're talking about.

"Just please, hear me out the twins were only nine when she left they probably wouldn't recognize her now but I do, a mother knows her children no matter what. Christian you said it yourself that you felt a connection with her, you're the one who said that she might be our daughter."

"Mom that's enough! She's dead why can't you just fucking accept it!"

"Ryan don't you dare talk to your mother that way boy. You might be alpha but I can take that title back just as easily as I gave it to you."

"I've had enough of this bullshit, I have more important things to deal with."

I quickly began to scurry around the kitchen in an attempt to make it look like I wasn't eavesdropping but I was either too slow or Alpha Ryan moved faster than normal because before I could get to far into the kitchen he had a painful grip on my arm and he swung me around to face him. Our faces were inches apart as he glared down at me, anger written clearly over his features.

"What did I tell you about snooping rogue?"

I was frozen in shock and I attempted to stutter out an answer but he cut me off before I could.

"Answer me rogue, what the fuck did I say about not minding your fucking business. You aren't a member of this pack so nothing around here is any of your business do you understand me!"

I could feel his nails digging into my arms and I knew that bruises would form. And as if the pain in my arm wasn't enough one of his large hands war wrapped around my neck.

"You've done nothing but cause trouble in my family since you got here. Was it your plan to take advantage of me and my family huh? You think because you look just like her you can come in here and screw up my family anymore. My baby sister is dead and you think you can replace her without anyone noticing. I should rip you're fucking throat out right now!"