Homework and conversations

Chapter 12!
----------------------------------------------
Maya let out a frustrated sigh as she slammed her math book down. She was trying to do her weekend homework but quickly realized it was no use. She sucked at math.

"You know who's good at math?" Riley asked from her bed. Maya looked at over at her with an annoyed look on her face. "Uncle Josh." Riley answered with a smile on her face. Maya furrowed her eye brows at Riley.

"I thought you said you were going to stop butting into my business." Maya snapped. Riley shrugged her shoulders.

"I am. I'm just saying that uncle Josh is really really good at math. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you Maya." Riley said in all seriousness.

"You know Maya, Simon is really good at math too. And as far as I know he's hanging out in our room all day." Farkle spoke up from beside Riley making Riley glare at him. Maya smirked.

"You know what, I think I'll do that. Thanks Farkle." Maya got up and grabbed her back pack and math book and headed out the door.

After Simon took Maya out to go get burgers, he walked her back to her room and hung out with her until Riley got back. When Riley came into the room she automatically assumed something happened between her and Simon because of how close they were sitting on the bed together. Maya of course said nothing happened but Riley wouldn't let it go resulting in them having another argument. While Maya was so caught up in her thoughts she didn't notice Josh standing in front of her and she ran right into him.

"I'm so sorry." Maya spoke as she picked up her math book and stood up to see Josh. Maya's face immediately changed and she scoffed.

"Actually I'm kind of glad you ran into me. We need to talk." Josh said seriously. Maya rolled her eyes and gripped her bag on her shoulder tightly.

"Josh please, can we not do this today. I'm kind of in a hurry." Maya stated as she brushed past him.

"So you don't want to hear me apologize?" Josh yelled after her before she could get very far. Maya stopped and stood there for a second before finally turning around and walking up to him.

"I'm listening." She said. Josh nodded over towards one of the tables near by. Maya followed him and sat down.

"You were right. I should have never freaked out the way I did. The truth is I still care about you a lot and I don't want to see you get hurt. I'm sorry I jumped on you for hanging out with Simon. I guess I'm not as over you as I thought." Maya snapped her head up to look at him with wide eyes.

"Josh." She warned as she was about to get out of her chair and run off but Josh stopped her.

"To forward I know. I'm sorry." Maya slowly lowered herself back down and shook her head.

"Don't do this to me. You're engaged it's not fair, please don't do this to me." Maya begged as tears starting forming in her eyes. Josh swallowed hard and nodded his head.

"You're right, you're right I shouldn't have said anything. Forget I mentioned it." Josh said clearing his voice and lowering his head. Maya still had glossy eyes as she watched his squirm in his chair.

"Um... I just wanted to apologize and say I'm sorry for the freak out that I had a few days ago and also the one I had at the party. Simons a good kid he just made a lot of mistakes the past couple of years he's been here." Josh explained as Maya just watched him. She had wrapped her arms around herself and was trying everything in her power not to cry after what Josh had told her. "I just want you safe Maya. Even if it's not with me." Josh stated. Maya reluctantly nodded her head.

"I should get going. I've got homework to do." Maya said as she got up with her math book and bag. Josh stood up after her.

"Riley mentioned that you were having trouble with math. If you want I could help you." Josh offered. Maya stared at him for a minute thinking about it. The offer was tempting but she knew after his confession she wouldn't be able to be around him without breaking. So Maya shook her head and gave him a fake smile.

"That's okay. I was on my way to Simon anyway. Farkle said that he was really good at math." Maya said as Josh looked disappointed but nodded anyway.

"Of course. Maybe I'll see you around." Josh said with a blank expression on his face. Maya nodded.

"See you around Josh." And with that she turned around and walked away feeling as heartbroken as ever.
~
"Maya?" Simon asked shocked as he opened his room door to see the torn up blond. Maya stepped into the room and dropped her stuff on the ground and started to sob. Simon immediately pulled her into a hug and closed the door behind them.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry it's kind of short, it's kind of late. Let me know what you think! ❤️