Respect

You were in love with the Keith Powers of music. He was a big time rapper. Y'all been friends since y'all were kids. You went to all of his concerts, supported him. You were his best friend but with benefits. You loved him and he loved you but you didn't want people to know you two dated when he first put you on in the music business because you didn't want people to think you was on his dick just to become famous.

Keith was your best friend, lover, and was like a father figure to you. Not on no kinky stuff. He protected you, cared for you and just loved you and without you growing up without a dad like that, it meant the world to you.

As you and Keith's relationship started to grow stronger, he started cheating on you with different women but women didn't know you were with like that. But stayed with him because you loved and respected him.

One woman, Faith Stevens. Faith and Keith got married a MONTH after knowing each other. You were heartbroken but you knew you couldn't act on it because 1. Faith didn't know y'all was in a relationship. 2. You respected Keith and you knew if you disrespected Faith, you'll be disrespecting him.

Keith started cheating on Faith with you and you didn't care because you loved him. Faith found out and tried to fight you both in a hotel room one morning when she caught you both sleeping naked in the bed. But she didn't know it was you at the time because your face was covered.

After that, you went after her trying to shoot her for sneaking you basically. You and your friends.

Didn't nothing happen because y'all talked it out.

Faith found out she was pregnant around the same time you did. But Keith told you if you kept the baby, you couldn't rap anymore. With that decision heavy on your mind, you went away for about a month.

When you came back, you had already aborted the baby. You picked your career. Everyone around you could tell you wasn't happy. Then he got another girl pregnant.

Even after that, you continued to sleep with him and have a relationship with him because you respected and loved him while still having some arguments here and there with Faith.

He would parade girls all around you knowing it made you feel some type of way.

But one night when everyone was in the studio and Keith had a girl there with him and was flirting with her, you called up a dude to come pick you in his Benz. Keith was LIVID. Platinum plaques were being thrown. All that. The studio was a mess after that night because he finally felt what you've been feeling for so long.

Keith would fight you all the time. But you wasn't a punk. You'll fight back. You'll get blackeyes form time to time but you wasn't going out as someone who just let a guy hit them without doing anything.

You knew then, you had to stop messing with him. But you put you on and you respected him for that so you knew that you would never leave him alone.

One day, you asked to go on tour with another famous rapper, Keith told you he'll talk to you when he gets back to the city.

Sadly, that day never came. He was shot dead a couple of days later. You were devastated. You were gaining weight, wasn't rapping as much anymore.

But Faith? She remarried a year later. When Keith died, she was only presence to get his label in her name. To you, Faith wasn't really with him, for him. She didn't really know the real Keith. She wasn't with him you was so you felt disrespected. You keyed her car one night and wanted to do much more. You and your friends but it never happened.

To this day, you still have respect for the man.

-

I literally just read about this on Instagram. You - Lil Kim . Faith - Faith Evans (obviously) . Keith - Biggy

That dude was a dog. He did Kim so dirty but she stayed because she respected and cared for him. She's the definition of a ride or die. I don't mean accuse the cheating or put up with it. Idk really. But she's a ride or die. I'm not a ride or die because if I feel like you're disrespecting me, I'm done. I'm not fighting over you, I'm not giving up my child just because you said so. No. But I'm not Lil Kim and I know where she comes from. She felt she owed her life to this dude because he helped her out the way he did while also doing her so dirty. My heart ached for her.