Chapter 24

He had a smile on his face, eyes bright with happiness.
"Thought you had a date?" He asked, tone teasing.
"Thought you had a date too?" I asked, actually curious where Stacey went, my tone as teasing.

"Guess we're both date-less then huh?" His smile bigger, his dimples prominent.
"Apparently so" I laughed lightly, any sad thoughts left my mind immediately. The night was slowly turning around.

"I heard the cotton candy here is amazing. Shall we?" He said in a formal tone, making me burst out in laughter. I grabbed his hand and ran towards the entrance, passing the two tickets to the person before we ran in.

"So... why exactly is Stacey not with you now?" I asked.
"Uhh...uhh..." he looked nervous and unsure of what to say. Before I could question further, he pointed towards the haunted house.
"Let's go there first! You mentioned that you're a big fan of horror movies." He said, tone ecstatic.

My heart slightly fluttered at the fact that he actually remembered the random things I tell him.
I squealed as he dragged me quickly towards it.

The moment we entered, I could feel Sean's grip on me tighten slightly. He was currently holding my arm as I led the way through the haunted house.
A Zombie Jumped out from it's hiding place,making me jump up in fright. Sean, however, screamed like a banshee before darting off, dragging me behind. As we ran though the haunted house, more and more things hopped out, scaring the shit out of Sean as he screamed while running. This resulted in us completing the entire haunted house way too soon. I however, was laughing my ass off at his priceless reactions.

"Never. Never in a million years would we do that again..." he panted, looking slightly pale from all the running and yelling.

I was laughing boisterously, holding onto my aching stomach.
"You... should've... seen... yourself!" I snorted while laughing, resulting in him rolling his eyes.

He rolled his eyes, feigning annoyance.
"You should be glad that I am willing to go through that just cause you like horror movies."

We ended up walking aimlessly, just watching children eat their cotton candy and Sean had tried his luck at a ring toss game and won this soft bear toy holding a heart with the word love written in cursive on it, hanging on a keychain. It was so cheesy. When I first saw it, I personally felt that it looked hideous. And apparently Sean thought so too because he insisted that I have it. Like really insist.

"Its really ugly Liz! Just take it! As a souvenir!" He said as we walked together away from the stall.
"Well you won it! So keep it! And I think its ugly too!" I retorted, amused at his reaction.
"I can't even throw it away! It cost me like 3 bucks!"
I burst out in laughter at how flabbergasted he looked.
In the midst of our bickering, someone stopped us in our tracks, calling out to us.
It was a middle aged lady with a broad smile, her smile lines crinkling up.
"We have this ferris wheel for two thing! And we just need one more couple to get on this ride so that it can be full and then we can finally move!" She sounded very eager.
Couple?
"But we're not-"
"Yeah, we're just -"
Sean and I babbled awkwardly.
"Oh nonsense! You guys are bickering like an old married couple! This would be a very romantic ride! Come on now!" Before we could correct her, She ushered us  up the stairs and towards the empty seats in the ferris wheel.
Sean and I exchanged looks, seemingly amused by what was happening.
As she fastened our seat belts, she shot us a smile.
"Just go with it." Sean said to me in a low voice.

As the ride started, it was only then did I realise that we were sitting so close that if both of us were to turn to face each other, our noses might bump or... our lips might touch... and that thought made me shy.