sixteen

jungkook hummed as he walked down the street, swinging the grocery bag in his hand back and forth and anticipating his daily visit to taehyung's place

ever since taehyung got incredibly injured from the jackson feud, jungkook has taken it upon himself to nurse taehyung back into his old healthy self — he already knew that taehyung lived by himself after all.

day by day, jungkook's chest swelled as he saw the positive changes in taehyung's expressions and mood just by seeing him open the front door for the younger. on the first day, taehyung looked drained of life. however, when jungkook visited him a day ago, taehyung answered the door with a bright smile on his face.

even though visiting the older male after school was something he chooses to constantly do, it did take a toll on jungkook. he would arrive home later than usual and crammed his studies and homework until midnight, sometimes even skipping dinner and heading to bed an hour before he had to wake up.

it was tough, but jungkook managed. because in the end, it was for taehyung.

as he approached the purple-haired boy's humble place of residence — that boy's been absent from school for almost an entire week now — he rang the doorbell and patiently waited.

10 seconds passed, no answer.

jungkook frowned and rang the bell again.

1 minute passed, still no answer.

the ravenette thought that maybe taehyung was asleep and fetched out his phone to dial the other male's number. unfortunately, after countless beeps, taehyung never picked up. taehyung couldn't have gone outside because he texted taehyung right when school finished, informing him that he'll be coming over, to which taehyung replied a small "okay :)".

concern began swirling around jungkook's head and his heartbeat gradually sped up.

he rang the doorbell once more.

maybe i should go down to the front desk and ask about him.

soon enough, 10 minutes had passed and jungkook was beyond nervous.

when he was about to consider calling the cops, he noticed the tiniest gap between the door and the doorframe.

the door's open?  

jungkook pushed open the door without any effort, answering his own question. he stepped in the flat and didn't see anyone in sight.

but he did see one thing that made his heart drop.

the place was a complete mess.

there were broken plates and glasses everywhere, plants knocked off the shelves and chairs flipped around. it was as if a fight had just occurred here, yet no one is present.

"fuck," he muttered under his breath, immediately dropping the bag in his hand and venturing deeper into the dorm. "tae? are you here?!" he shouted whilst walking down the short hallway that leads to taehyung's bedroom. 

please be in here.

inhaling a shaky breath, he slowly pushed the door open and saw the bedroom in the same condition as the rest of taehyung's home. jungkook felt his entire world collapse as the horrible realization finally dawned on him.

taehyung was missing.

a/n: the black banners are intentional! they represent something huehue