18: Mine

Amy Allisons POV

I stared up at the forest, my tail flicking side to side as my head was buried between my paws.

All I wanted was a mate and to live happily ever after. I judged people who rejected their mates.

A few people at my school had or been rejected by their mates and I had kicked dirt on them and said so many mean things behind their back and to their face.

And I just tried to make my brother reject his mate.

My best friend. I would have my best friend turn into something I made fun of. I let out a painful whine as I stared up at the sky. Her shift at work would have ended hours ago. Axel would leave, use his money and leave the country. And become a rouge. I wouldn't have a brother anymore - or a best friend. It would shatter her as she feels the mate bond being ripped from her. My wolf whimpered again.

I - I want a mate.

Or someone at least.

If Alyssa is going to be mated, then so will I.

I leapt from my spot and raced through the woods all the way home.

I shifted as soon as I was in my back yard, walking inside quickly to see Axel asleep on the couch. Mum was going through paper work and Dad was cooking dinner. I walked past them without making a noise, up to my bedroom.

I'll respect Axel and not tell Alyssa but that doesn't mean we can't have fun by going to the party tonight. Maybe see a few guys. Dorian. Dorians friends. Friends from school.

Dinner was finished as I got home, talking quietly about Alyssas shift she had rested from. Axel kept sending me sad glances that nobody else thankfully caught onto.

Nothing else really happened as we went back to our bedrooms. I had planned what I was going to wear, a short and very revealing black lace dress. I was actually wearing it under my pyjamas as I waited for everyone to go to bed. It was ten o'clock when everyone began to have slowed breathing. "Alyssa." I shook her awake, she slowly opened her eyes and sat up.

"What?" She asked, her voice very drowsy.

"Party. Remember?" I hissed, pulling her out of bed. I threw a black tank top at her and dark blue skinny jeans. I didn't want her looking better than me. She sighed, pushing the clothes aside.

"I'm not going, it's underage drinking - and we're sneaking out." She replied in her soft voice.

"We have nothing to loose." I scoffed.

"I do, your mum will kick me out." She replied sadly.

"Please, do this for me, Axel and I had a fight." I baited her, watching as her eyes fell to her lap before picking up the shirt. "That's the spirit." I smiled. I did my hair and makeup while Alyssa got dressed, she came out her cupboard wearing the outfit. I held in my frown, the outfit was supposed to be unflattering and yet the jeans and the black tanktop, even if I was revealing a lot she still would attract eyes. "I can hear the car." I whispered, holding my wedges as we walked downstairs. She was wearing her beat up laceups that she wore to work. At least she was only worth a once over.

Dorians car was a navy blue and covered in rust and peeling from sun stains. As we approached the car, Dorian was wearing a beat up leather jacket and his hair spiked. His friend was strongly tanned and showed Italian background as his strong jawline and dark eyes stared up at me, smirking as he did a once over. Smiling flirtatiously, I got into the car.

"Als gets shot gun." Dorian opened the passenger door smiling. Alyssa froze, so did I. I didn't know why but the fact that Dorian had used Axels nickname for his MATE made my blood boil. Or was it that Dorian was making moves on Alyssa even after she rejected him, leaving him crying?
Alyssa reluctantly climbed into the passenger seat, Dorians arm resting next to her. Alyssa sat stiff. Dorians Italian friend handed me a bottle of alcohol. Smiling, I took a swig, nearly choking as I swallowed it. Then the Italian put his fingers under the bottle and lifted it up, making me chug it.

"That's better." His voice was husky and the alcohol sat in my stomach, weird sensations running through me as the Italian made me drink again. My wollf senses were gone as I couldn't smell anything but the tang of the alcohol thay burned my throat and the strong smell of the Italians deodorant. "What about your friend?" The Italian sat forward, he was pushing the bottle into Alyssas face.

"No thank you." Alyssa told him, shifting away from the outstretched bottle.

"Come on, don't be a prude - " Dorian cut him off.

"Caleb she said no." Dorian sent Alyssa a smile which she didn't return.

Dorian pulled up at a small, run down house that looked amazing. People teepeeing the house and colourful strobe lights everywhere as the music pounded in my ear drums. My vision fuzzy, we got out of the car.

Tonight, I was going to get what I wanted. Tonight I'm going to kiss anyone who could be my mate.