Chapter 29

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace

0101 - Shelby (mother ship)

0125 - Lars

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco

0798 - Celeste

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry

To Grow

--------------------

0200

0778

0301

0908

0098 (Lucy)

Derrick was still about to fall out of his command chair with the look still etched on Hartwell's face. Looking at the jet black haired young figure, Hartwell cleared his throat. "Uh hum, yes you are right it is a very proud name."

The young man turned toward Hartwell, "Yes sir, thank you sir. Are you the second for the emperor?"

Hartwell turned toward Derrick with a confused look on his face. "All ships appear a moment please." A moment later there were ten holograms beside and behind Derrick. "Please make note and memorize this person. This is as of this moment, Admiral Johnathon Hartwell. I am placing him in command of all the space fleet, now that we have at least eight functioning ships soon to be ten. I have already cleared this with your high commander and he whole heartily agrees." Derrick leaned over and whispered to Hartwell, "Told you I was going to pay you back!"

Hartwell could only stare at Derrick with his mouth hanging open. "I ... uh ... but ... how?"

Again like when they were first reunited Derrick told Hartwell, "Little Joey close your mouth." Nodding almost absently Hartwell closed his mouth though he still seemed to be in shock.

A moment later Shelby appeared, "Admiral sir, according to official records your name is Joseph."

"Yes and your question?" Hartwell barely managed to get out.

"Well sir, Derrick calls you Johnathon or little Joey. May I inquire as to why?" Shelby asked a sweet smile on her face.

"Short story, my parents thought it a little funny to give me two first names. You have my official name as to the records but in truth my name is Johnathon Joseph Hartwell." Hartwell said a little bit of a tremor running through his body at the mention of his full real name.

Yes sir," Shelby said as she looked at all the holograms. They all nodded back with huge smiles on their faces.

A moment later a hologram of Thomas appeared. "Sorry Sire. really hate to break this up but I'd like to get back before the fleet reaches our first stop." Derrick nodded; Thomas had always been a little impatient, always for action also. "Alright Lars, Johnathon. We are going to snag the both of you and trans-warp you both to the imperial planet. Please inform us as to when you are locked down and prepared."

A moment later Lars replied "Locked down ready primary sir." Thomas nodded and awaited word from Johnathon. "Attempting lock down, complete. Sir! I am afraid that allocation of all astral fins is not possible at this time! It appears that one of my port, aft most fins are still somewhat incomplete. I am sorry sir. I will need at least another hour."

Sighing Thomas grumbled a moment then spoke, "Alright Johnathon effect completion then notify me. We shall continue to shadow the fleet until such time."