Chapter 9

Tatiana

I was running up the stairs as fast as my injured leg could take me. Reaching the rooftop, I heard someone yell from the distance.

"Hurry up Ti! Grab my hand!" Anton said, reaching out with one hand and the other tightly gripping the metal handle on the side of the chopper.

But before I got the chance to grab his, a loud Bang was heard.

Waking up sweaty and confused, I sat up the bed and heard another pound behind the door.

In a matter of seconds, Viktor entered my room like a ball of sunshine. Not.

"Rise and shine sweetheart! We have training to do" Viktor announced happily.

Getting under the covers, snuggling closer to the bed, I tried to pretend Viktor wasn't here, but the covers were suddenly thrown off me.

"What the hell Viktor?! the sun's not even up yet!" I yelled at him.

"So? What's your point?" He countered.

"Us normal people need sleep, sleep Viktor, do you know that?"

"We're not exactly normal people are we?" the idiot smirked. "and technically, you aren't either so get a move on!" Viktor replied, going through the walk-in closet.

I knew we were far from what you call 'normal' but doesn't mean I don't strive for some sense of normalcy. But fate and me doesn't seem to be on the same page.

Viktor came out of the closet, I mean, literally walked out throwing some gym wear, a matching set of blank and pink sports bra and leggings. He also handed me a pair of nike shoes and socks.

"Hurry up and change sweetheart, training starts in 10" Viktor said and walked out of the room.

With all the motivation I could muster at 4:30 in the morning, I grudgingly took the clothes and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and tied my hair up in a tight ponytail.

Walking out of the room, I opted to walk down the stairs to the fourth floor as my warm up. Viktor didn't tell me what we we're training for so I walked through the hallway looking through the glass panels admiring I meant observing muscled men doing various training. There were a few women, but it's quite obvious that men dominate the mafia.

Some were training with staffs, guns, boxing, taekwondo, judo, and other forms of training, I knew some men glanced my way but I didn't pay attention, I felt like I was going through the boy's lockers. As I walked through some more, I saw Viktor waving like a lunatic from the other side.

He walked through the door and suddenly stilled.

"Get back to your stations now!" Dimitri's voice sounded so powerful and dangerous that the little hairs on my back stood up. Apparently, my presence have spiked their curiosity and there were men peering from their respective training rooms.

At Dimitri's command, the men quickly scattered and went back to their training. Dimitri walked towards us and I can't help but remember our little escapade.

"Good morning Boss, slept well?" Viktor asked from behind me.

"Very much so" Dimitri replied huskily.

When I looked up to meet his eyes, the bastard even had the nerve to wink at me. I was so sure that my whole face was as red as a tomato. Thankfully, Viktor had already went inside the training room and didn't see the whole exchange.

From the looks of it, this training room was for knives and blades. Throwing boards filled with punctures lined the walls of the room. From the corner of my eye, I saw the twins battling it out on an elevated platform, sort of like a makeshift fighting rink and Anton battling it out with another man from the other corner.