41. Action

41. Action

Tsuna was enraged.

This man known as Rokudo Mukuro had many a few screws loose.

As Tsuna knocked the possessed Bianchi and Gokudera out and laid them down carefully, he was thinking of many things.

How he should fight was one. Reborn shot him with the Rebuke Bullet, and so he was in a state of Hyper Dying Will. In that state, he felt calm. He felt so, so calm, it almost felt fake. Like a false sense of peace forcefully settling down on his senses.

And that didn't feel all too good. In contrast, it felt unnerving.

"Tsuna...?" came a soft, inquiring voice from behind the couch.

Sawada Tsunayoshi's eyes widened in a horrified mixture of shock and surprise as he heard the familiar voice.

He snapped towards the stage. And sure enough, Ninomiya Rei emerged from behind the couch, a hand scratching at the back of his neck as he spotted Tsuna.

"Hm? What are you doing here, Tsuna...?" Rei asked, seemingly confused about his current surroundings. He looked around, surveying the room he was in, "Where am I... Where are we?" he turned to Tsuna inquiringly.

"Rei-san!" Tsuna was horrified to see the boy.

Those-- those wounds..?

Blood trickled down the boy's head, and some spilled out of his mouth as if he had a mouth wound. One of his arms laid limp unable to move-- and the other wasn't much better. Bruises were dark and purplish at his exposed sides, and there was one right by his left eye, and that probably hurt a whole lot.

What on earth happened to Rei in the days he went missing?

Rei took a staggering step, and another-- but Rei was getting more unstable at each step-- and at his fourth, his legs gave in.

Reborn was first to go over, stepping on the couch and looking over the boy beside it.

"How long have you been there, Rei?" Reborn asked. He made himself sound unaffected, but it was evident he himself was worried. Those wounds looked worse from up close. And he definitely shouldn't be moving around. He shouldn't be--

"I-- I don't remember, Reborn. I just woke up and..." Rei mumbled, slumping against the couch now, "My body feels all cold and numb... My head's spinning and-- I think my right hand's fractured--"

Tsuna hissed at the description of those injuries. Rokudo Mukuro and his gang-- how could they have done this? To Rei, of all people? Why? Tsuna stepped forward, intending on making his way over too.

"I guess I need a hospital." Rei joked, chuckling slightly.

At that, Tsuna just stopped. He froze in place--