46. Bruce is not mad?

"Batman," Roy turned around nervously. "What's... uh..."

Bruce narrowed his eyes at the teenager. "Let's go."

"Batman, hey!" Dick waved excitedly as the hero examined him head to toe.

"Are you alright?" Batman's glare softened.

"Yeah. I passed out." The boy said bluntly.

The glared softened further. "Fine, I owe you."

Dick looked at his mentor in confusion till he realized that Bruce's gaze was not on him. Stunned, the thirteen year old whirled around only to stop in shock as he saw the figure in front of him.

Roy's jaw tightened as he glared at the mercenary. "Deathstroke."

"Hey, stay calm now," the man in the mask chuckled. "If I wanted the boy dead, he would be dead."

"What do you want, Slade." Dick spat out the mercenary's name like it was poison.

"It's not about what I want, birdie." Slade's tone took a dark turn. "It's about what I can do for you."

"And why should we trust you?" Roy asked with a sneer. Surprising, Batman was uncharacteristically quiet during the conversation.

"He knows who we are..." Dick narrowed his eyes at Slade. "Who told you?"

"You are a very bright boy,"

That voice didn't belong to any of them.

"You thoroughly deserve the title Boy Wonder." Her voice continued as she walked towards their mismatched group of heroes, civilians and mercenary, the click-clack of heels echoing in the wide and open street.

Now Dick finally knew why Bruce had seemed distracted... who else could it be but her?

-

Hm, who is her?