Yoongi's Ending

The one who had always came to your rescue.

You walked around the ballroom until you found Jin.

"Jin, where is Yoongi?"

His eyebrows shot up. "What?"

"I can't make my decision until I talk with him. Where is he?"

Jin searched your face for a moment, then nodded. "He's only a few minutes into town. I'll have Taehyung take you."

Taehyung waited in the car as you walked up the apartment stairs. He offered to go with you, but you wanted to talk to Yoongi alone. You hadn't even seen him since he was arrested. Your heart pounded with each step, wondering if he missed you as much as you had missed him.

Room 123. This was it.

You knocked on the door. You heard scuffling on the other side. Each step you heard made it harder to breathe.

The door cracked open. "[Y/N]?"

The sound of his voice was too much for you. You pushed the door open and threw your arms around Yoongi's neck. He stumbled back, his hands raised up in surprise.

"Yoongi..." you said. "I missed you."

After a moment, his arms wrapped around you. "What are you doing here? How did you get here?"

You leaned back to gaze into his eyes. "Yoongi. I know everything."

His hands traced your shoulders as he exhaled. He nodded. "I know. Jin called and told me what happened."

He broke away from the embrace and sat on a tall stool next to the bar in the kitchen. You shut the door and walked over to him.

"How much of it was real, Yoongi?" you asked.

"How much of what?"

"Everything you said to me. Saving me. Our relationship in general."

He sucked his teeth, laughing quietly to himself. "I don't think any of it was fake. I'm not as good as carrying out a job as I used to be."

You paused, waiting for him to continue.

"Jin knew I had some... questionable relationships when I came to work for Hoseok. I had been clean for awhile, so no one thought too much of my past. Until you came to us. Jin asked me to scare you off. He made it clear not to hurt you in any way. He just wanted out of the arranged marriage."

You rolled your eyes. "He could have just told me that he didn't want to get married. I don't understand why that was so difficult."

"He was afraid of retaliation. He didn't know what you would do to him or his family."

You opened your mouth to say something, then remembered what Taehyung had said about Jin's mother. It made sense why he would be so paranoid.

"I should have known Jackson would take it further than it needed to go." he continued, tapping his tight fist into the counter. "He was supposed to scare you at the festival, but... once he hit you... I snapped. And I don't even know how he got into the castle. I was supposed to be the only insider. Thinking of you in danger... I couldn't stand it."

You stepped in closer to him. "The night he tried to drown me... I thought of how you had saved me from him before."

Yoongi shut his eyes and dropped his head.