#18

She was leaving. I wanted so desperately to stop her, but who am I to stop her from pursuing her dream.

"Please don't go. Not now." I say, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

She stops what she's doing and leans into me.

"I wish I could stay Tom, but I've been given the opportunity to live my dream," she sighs, "I know it's selfish, but I want this so bad, and I want you to come with me, but I know that you're acting career means so much to you and I don't want to get in the way of that. It's your dream."

"My acting career was everything before you came. Now, I have a new dream, but I can't live it without you y/n." I confess, turning her to face me.

There was sadness in her eyes, and I knew mine were showing the same emotions. Y/n gives me a sad smile and places a kiss on my lips. She pulls away and places both hands on either side of my face, our foreheads touching. I close my eyes and breathe in her scent. I never want this moment to end. I never want her to leave. But for her to live her dream, I have to let her go.

"We'll see eachother again Tommy, don't worry." she says reassuringly.

"I know, y/n. I'm just," I sigh, and I can't seem to find the words, "I wish I could come with you. I wish I could leave this stupid movie role so I can watch you be happy." I look into her e/c eyes.

"Hey, look at me," she tilts my head up with her fingers and give me that beautiful smile I fall in love with, "you, Thomas Sangster, have made me the happiest I could ever be, and I'm sorry that I haven't been able to give you that happiness in return, but I can promise, that I'll wait for you, however long it takes."

"Y/n, I could never be happy without you. Of course, there will be a time when I find myself with food, and feel happy," she giggles, "but nothing, not even tacos or chicken, can fill me with the immense amount of happiness that you give me."

"Thank you for comparing me to food Tom, I feel very much loved." She comments sarcastically.

We stare at eachother for a fleeting moment, taking in the small details of one another.

"These jobs will certainly feel like hell." I whisper.

"Full time." Y/n adds.

"Why do you have to move to (country name)? Could you not find anything here?" I question.

"I tried looking, believe me. The best option was to move there," she answers with disappointment in her voice, her facial expression changing to one of exhaustion, "and unfortunately, different time zone, working full time."

She rests her arms around my shoulders, and puts her head to the side.

"We'll be fine." I tell her.

I lick my lips and feel butterflies in my stomach as I lean in to kiss her. It's as if I'm going to kiss her for the first time again. I pull her toward me and place my lips onto hers, melting into the kiss. Her hands find my hair and she slightly tugs at my strands. I try bringing her closer to my body, if that's even possible. Her lips move in sync with mine, and the kiss quickly turns into a hungry and passionate one.

After what felt like forever in the short amount of time, we pull away from each other, catching our breath. I watch as I see a single tear roll down her cheek. I wipe it away with my thumb and cradle her face with my hand. She leans into it and closes her eyes, savouring the moment. I run my thumb along her cheekbone and take in all her features. Her eyelashes, her lips, her nose, her cheeks, her eyebrows. Everything.

"Why are we being so dramatic?" She laughs, "It's not like it's forever. We can still try message each other."

"Yeah I know. I guess it's because it won't be the same off a screen then being in person. And I guess I'll miss you a little." I tease.

"You're right. I might miss you too." She smiles.

I smile.

- - - - - - - -
Song: The Other Side
By: Herizen Guardiola & Justice Smith
(The Get Down)

(This is a different version of 'The Other Side', sung by Alessia Cara)

Is that cheese I smell? Honestly just threw this together, so I already know it's horribly cheesy and just bad. Oh well.

Love ya

~R