I Have Questions

This was her first night out after months of hibernating . Dinah, being the 'bestest best friend', had forced her to come out of her shell and do something fun and lively. Camila was opposed to the thought but Dinah didn't care.

She dragged her best friend to a popular bar downtown which their friend Normani owned. That was the problem, Normani was texting Dinah the entire time, telling her to bring Camila to a different bar, but being the dumbass that Dinah was, she had left her phone on airplane mode so there was no way Normani could warn them that Lauren Jauregui was in the bar.

They went in with ease, both of them knew the bodyguard in charge. Once they were settled in, Camila groaned at the loud music and the heap of people jumping up and down like maniacs. She sat down by the bar and requested her usual drink. When Normani saw her two friends, she rushed over to steal Dinah away.

Camila didn't even notice, too caught up with watching those happy people. She saw a couple in particular, a teenage boy and his equally young girlfriend. She shook her head, wondering how the two got inside the club at the first pair. They were grinding on each other as if it was their first time. Fuck it, it probably was. She saw the look in the boys eyes, the look of lust and when she turned to look at the girl, her breath stopped when she saw the exact same look she kept only for her. She was slowly falling. And Camila wanted to reach over, hold her shoulders, slap her awake and just scream at her to-

"Camila, C'mon we're heading to a different bar." Dinah was frantically looking around the room, as if looking for something or someone.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just-" Dinah stopped her speech as her eyes landed on the one and only Lauren Jauregui. It didn't take long for Camila to look at the same direction and damn, she should've got out when Dinah asked to.

She was swaying her hips to the beat of the music and her girlfriend was watching her with a smile plastered on her face. Lauren was practically glowing, her eyes were closed and her lips were stretched out wide. But right. Girlfriend.

That used to be what Lauren was to Camila. More than that in fact. She was everything Camila needed to cover the deep hole inside her heart, but, what she didn't expect was for her to dig even deeper in the end.

And it was all Camila's fault.

She didn't love her the way Lauren wanted. Camila gave her her heart, her time, her body, her patience, her love. But clearly that wasn't enough. You can't force love. No matter how hard you work to fight for somebody, if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

But that's the problem isn't it? Camila thought they were meant to be. Fuck, she used up all her 11:11s and all her wishing stars praying to God that Lauren was the happy ending those fairytales talked about. Only to realize they don't really exist.

Camila remembered everything since the start. They had met at Sofi's birthday party. Lauren brought her nephew along and Camila was lurking around the room being her usual awkward self. She really didn't know what she was doing at a 10 year old birthday party but when she caught sight of those beautiful emerald eyes, she believed that God was trying to play cupid. Of course, she wondered now if God truly was that cruel? Would God let his daughter fall deep into an endless pit, only to leave her on her own to figure out a way to quit?

Sofi had a boyfriend at the time, whose name was Tom, and when the pair held hands for a photograph, Camila decided to scoff. Lauren found her amusing and chose to approach the girl. Camila hated her for that.

"Not a fan of young love?" She said, with her cursed raspy voice and her damned famous smirk.

"Not a fan of love." Camila corrected. Lauren raised her eyebrows more in amusement than confusion. How was such a sweet looking girl such a pessimist? Who had hurt her?