The Encounter

Kayla's P.O.V

I pull out my phone to see what time it was. 12:02. The bell for music class is going to ring shortly. The roof's door swings open and slams. Turning around I see that it was " Mr. Famous". He was on the ground gasping for breath like he just got  chased by a pitbull. So before he looks up I tuck, roll and hide behind the big rose bush next to me. When he finally gains his composure he stands up and begins to walk around. I study him as he walks, touching each flower he came in contact with. He has to be like 6'1, light skin, the fuck-boy curly high top fro with caramel brown highlights, skinny/ muscular build. Im not gonna lie, he's one of the best looking boys that I've seen. But even so I have no interest in him. He's probably like all other big headed celebrities. I find myself moving through the rose bushes as he walks around the garden. Not paying attention I trip and fall over a branch and tumble out into the open. Bad time to be clumsy. The boy quickly turns around to look at me. I hide my face.
" Umm shorty, you been stalkin' me or somethin'". I just stare at him. I'm not saying anything; it would just make matters worse. So he stares back at me and this went on forever. Well 5 more minutes.
" Shorty, you ok? I mean you can speak right? ", he said and he smiled at me. His smile. Perfect. The bell rang signaling that music class was starting and I grab my stuff and run for it. I faintly hear him say " It was nice to meet you too". Nahh he couldn't have said that.

I slide into music class with seconds to spare. As I'm walking in I hear the snickers of my other classmates. I sit down in the back as usual. The music teacher Ms. Bellview comes in and the boy follows her. She points to a seat in the back 2 seats from mines. I turn to face the window.
" Today is the first day of a brand new school year my children, which means new rules. If you are a dance major follow your class president to the newly built dance studio. If you are an art major follow your class president to the art room next to the rooftop garden on the 3rd floor. But the rest of the students who major in something different follow your class presidents' to your respective classrooms. We are splitting up all of the different classes."
After all of the different majors are organized and off to their own classes, there are still a large number of us still in our seats. The singers and rappers ( Musicians were in  department of their own).
" Now children, like I said this is a new year with new rules. Every individual in this classroom is talented. But this year we will be performing at Madison square garden  and we need to group the strongest singers and rappers accordingly." Everyone in the classroom whispered excitedly to one another. Madison square garden? That's way too many people I'll pass out. I barely made it through my audition to get in this school. Stage fright is no joke. While I sit there worrying, I didn't know that " Mr. Famous" slid in the desk one seat away from me. He taps me on my shoulder while I was looking out of the window. I jump and he starts to laugh; I roll my eyes and focus on Ms. Bellview.
" Today's class will be a sort of review of notes and scales, but after school I want all of you to meet in the auditorium to showcase your voices and flows. You will be split into two groups: A & B. Group A will belong to the advanced singers and rappers. Group B will belong to those who are close to advance but need coaching. Every individual will have to choose a song or rap to perform and will be judged by the music officials here. Now I advise every one to brainstorm before the end of the day."
PERFORMING. ALONE. JUDGING. Those were the only words I could think of.
After class I was almost trampled over by a wild stampede of " Mr. Famous's" girlfriends or fans. All of my things  got knocked out of my hands. As I squat to pick up my books, I see Taylor walking towards me.
" Hey", she said as she helps me pick up some papers.
" Hi"
" Look whatever I did earlier to make you run out, I didn't mean to do it on purpose. I understand how what I said could make you feel some type of way". I was shocked. I expected a lame excuse for a sorry but she seems sincere even though she doesn't know why I ran.
" It's cool thanks for helping me with these papers... thanks for helping me out today period."
" Girl, no problem that's what friends are for".
" Right", I smiled at her. Then all of a sudden my name is called over the loudspeakers summoning me to the counselor's room. I wonder what did I do as I tell Taylor I'll see her later and head to the counselor.

Hey guys! Thanks for all of the follows and reads. Please continue to comment on how I'm doing and don't forget to share with friends! - shy 💙