Caleb 3

I turn the corner into Harpers street, when I bump into someone. I quickly bend over to help her stand up.
"I'm sorry. Are-" I stop mid-sentence.
"Oh its you." I snap at Ambrosia.
I push her off while she scoffs at me.

"What are you doing here? You live two blocks away." She demands.
"Visiting a friend. You?" I snap back.
"I live here!" She points at the house.
No house was the wrong word to use, more a mansion.

It surprised me she lived in the same street as Harper, who lived in one of the fanciest house here in New Greece. But that she lived in such luxurious mansion was a mind blower.
I more saw her as a little house, happy family kind of person.

"Why does it seem like a shock to you?" She snaps.
"Because you're trash and thrash should be on the garbage." I snap back, shock by my own words.
Ambrosia stares at me, offended and hurt. I never insulted her, just...we hiss at each other. But she's still a girl and I have some dignity.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it." I grab her hand.
Both of us shocked by my movement, we stare at our linked hands. Her hands were tiny and small compared to mine, they were bronzed and her nails were polished.
Maybe from last night.

"Honey, is that your friend?" A gorgeous woman walks over.
And when I mean gorgeous, I mean gorgeous.
She had the same long, full dark brown hair as Ambrosia, but had honey brown eyes that made you melt just looking in them. The woman was glorious and looked so expensive, with her Gucci purse and pearl necklace.
In her features I could recognise Ambrosia: they shared the same straight nose and high cheekbones.
It had to be her mother.

Ambrosia pulls away rapidly, a fearful expression written on her face. I frown at the empty feeling that tingles in my hand, it felt so cold and distant.
Shrugging my hand, I looked up to acknowledge the outstretched hand of her mother.

"I'm Katherine Knight, Ambrosia's mother." She smiles her perfect white teeth off.
"Caleb Grace." I introduce myself, she smiled brighter.
"From Phoebe and James?" She asks happy.
At the name of my mom, regrets kicks in.
I should've stayed home and talked it out with her.

"Yes." I nod, pushing the feeling down.
"I was just going over. Ambrosia'a joining me, she and Clara have become great friends. But it looks like you two are too." She giggles the last part.
"Definitely not, mom." Ambrosia is fast to clear things out.
Her mom shrugs and eyes me again.

"Do you want a ride home?" She suggests.
My eyes go to Harpers mansion, she's so close and I really want to go. But the stupid regret is kicking in and I realise how much my mom means to me.
I had been an arsehole against her, I need to talk things out.

"Would you mind?" I ask.
Ambrosia eyes me strangely, like she couldn't understand.
"Of course not, honey, come on!" Her mother laughs and lays her arm around my shoulder.

-----------------------

The ride was mostly her mother and I talking, Ambrosia stayed quiet.
Her window was down and she stared at it, her hair blowing in all ways. It was strangely attractive.
Ambrosia was strangely attractive, she was a mysterious beauty.

Stop!

Ambrosia was not attractive, Harper is. You want Harper, not a sport addictive person.

"It really doesn't surprise me you're Phoebe and James' son. As handsome as your parents." Her mom teases me.
Ambrosia turns to her and winces.
"Mom." She groans like a normal teenager, but she was far from it.

"What? He's really handsome, there nothing wrong with saying that." Her mom defends herself.
I find myself chuckling at the two girls hissing at each other.
"Don't mind Ambrosia, she's just amazed by my beauty." I tease her.
Her mom laughs as Ambrosia glares at me.

When she frowns her lips crump up, but they're so full it doesn't quite work. It was really cute.

AGAIN! STOP IT, CALEB!

"Don't get so cocky, more you're ego can't possibly bare." She snaps at me.
Her mom gasp in disappointment, while I grin in amusement.
"Don't fall in love with me, honey." I joke.
Ambrosia was about to hit me, but her mom stops her.
"Ambrosia Ophelia Annabelle Knight!" Her mom warns her.

Ambrosia Ophelia Annabelle Knight.

Cute.

DEAR GODS! I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR!

We arrive at my house, it was bigger than Ambrosia's.
But we lived in the street of heroes. My entire family did, from my grandparents to my uncles and aunts.

Ms. Knight insist on knocking on the door instead of me using my key.
"What did he do?" Dad asks when he sees me with the Knights.
She laughs and shakes her head, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I just gave him a ride, James. Don't be mad at him, your son is such a sweetie." She ruffles my hair, while my dad frowns.
"A sweetie?" He wonders, I roll my eyes.
"Where's mom?" I ask, eager to apologise.
"Emergency at the benders." He turns to ms. Knight.
"Katherine, you'll have to do with me. You don't mind, right?" Dad asks, she shakes her head.

"Ambrosia, Clara is upstairs. Please cheer her up for me." Dad winks, she nods and hurried upstairs.
My stomach turns at the thought of Clara sad, but it was all my fault.
"And you, watch your little sister." Dad commands me and just then I notice a hanging Alissa at his leg.

"But, daddy, I want to play with you." She winces.
"Daddy has a meeting, I promise after that I will play with you for as long as you wish, princess." He picks her up and places a kiss on her cheek.
He passes her on to me. Alissa was getting to big, she was just seven, but I want her to be a baby again. She was so cute, still is, but baby Alissa was my world.

I take her to the living room for a movie. She snuggles up in my chest, but my phone vibrates.

Come, Caleb, I want you! ;) xxx
-Harper.

Alissa eyes me with those big kadeleiscope eyes and I put my phone off and pull her back close to me.

Harper could wait.