[ sixteen ] kiss it better

c h a p t e r   s e v e n t e e nkiss it better

c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n
kiss it better

After three phone calls and a personal visit to the McCall household, Harper had managed to convince Scott to come along to her grandma's dinner. The werewolf had wanted to stay in bed and sulk about Allison all day, but Stiles and Harper hadn't allowed it, forcing him out of bed and into suitable clothing.

Since Melissa had gotten a ride to the hospital with one of her work friends that morning, the three teenagers had taken her car to Harper's house, blasting Harper's playlist through the crappy speakers.

For about ten minutes they felt like normal teenagers. They forgot that Scott was a werewolf, about the bite mark on Harper's shoulder, about the Alpha on the loose, and their 1000 other problems as they sang along to Paramore.

Once they had arrived, Rose had tackled all three teens into a massive group hug. They all accepted it, Scott and Stiles towering above the two girls, but Harper still the smallest as she was squashed into the middle of the circle.

"I'm so glad you idiots didn't die." Rose muttered before slapping Harper's arm, causing her to yelp. "That's for leaving the house without my permission, you silly girl."

"Sorry." Harper mumbled, looking at the ground.

She heard two more slaps and looked up to see Scott and Stiles holding their arms. "That's for almost dying." Rose glared at them both.

"Sorry." The two boys muttered back.

A grin suddenly crossed Rose's face. "Enough about yesterday. We're all okay now. I'm gonna go out the back and have a cigarette, one of you check on the pasta." She pulled her lighter out of the pocket of her dress and began to leave.

"Sorry she slapped you." Harper shrugged as they moved to the kitchen. She began to stir the pasta as her two best friends took a seat at the breakfast bar. "Can one of you get the plates out?"

Stiles did as Harper asked, going to the cupboard and pulling out five plates- one for the garlic bread which he could smell and see cooking in the oven. Rose came in a few minutes later and dished everything up before taking a seat next to Harper, across from Scott and Stiles.

"Tuck in, guys." She grinned.

Everyone began to eat, the boys each complimenting Rose on her cooking skills. Harper ate silently, listening to Rose as she told Scott and Stiles stories about back when she lived in England. The boys smiled and laughed and asked questions in all the right places and it filled Harper with a new warmth to see her favourite people all getting along so easily.

Rose suddenly gasped loudly causing Harper to visibly jump from beside her. "Has Harper ever told you about when she was coming to America?" She asked, grinning.

Harper's eyes widened. "You wouldn't." She stared at her grandma. "Grandma, no."

"Grandma, yes." Scott grinned, shooting a fake glare at Harper. Stiles laughed, nodding along from beside the werewolf.