T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Author's note : I changed Joseph's name to Josh because Joseph is actually the name of one of my bestfriends and I felt kinda bad so yeah 😂 I hope you'll like this chapter xx

For a better reading experience, I recommend you to listen to the song 'You don't own me' by Grace and G-Eazy :)

-----

I weakly open my eyes and automatically bring my fingers to the side of my head, where an intense pain pounds every time my heart beats.

I remove my fingers and stare at them.

Blood.

Dripping down my fingers

I move my gaze around the dark room and spot Grayson in the far corner opposite to mine.

My eyes widen.

"Grayson!" I shout as I stand up as fast as possible. He opens his eyes in a heartbeat and looks around, panicked.

"Hailee!" he screams when he sees me and he stands up in a matter of milliseconds. We both start running towards each other until...

BAM!

We both fall to the ground after we bounced backwards, retained from a chain attached to our ankles. I fell face first and Grayson fell on his knees. I groan in pain and slowly prop myself on my elbows.

"Fuck..." I grunt and kneel up. I look up at Grayson who now has watery eyes.

We hear a door click to our left. Our eyes move to the door whom swings open, revealing Josh.

He walks to the center of the room, between Grayson and I. Two of his men, all dressed in black, come out of the door, weapon and taser in hand. One of them walks up behind Grayson and the other one goes behind me.

I bring my gaze back to Grayson's. He's traumatized. So am I...

"Good morning, songbirds! Did you have a nice sleep?" Josh chuckles as he takes a few steps back to be able to stare at the both of us.

I glare at him and clench my jaw.

"What the fuck are you expecting from us?" I spit through my gritted teeth as I ball my hands up into fists and press them harshly onto the concrete floor.

"Something very simple, Miss Smith. Paige. Anderson. I want Paige Anderson." he lowers his voice and his face suddenly become serious.

"And you seriously think we're going to tell you where she is?" Grayson chuckles through a light smirk as he wipes the almost dried blood on the side of his mouth.

Josh gives the man behind Grayson a death stare and the man brings the taser out of his pocket. My eyes widen and I open my mouth to scream but it's too late; the guy already pressed the taser with all his strength on Grayson's neck and Gray falls knocked out onto the ground.