~Chapter Seventeen~

"Lexi." Layton called from upstairs but she was downstairs making dinner. His heavy feet ploded down qthe stairs and into the kitchen.

"You don't need to make dinner, Beautiful. We can get takeout." He told her, leaning on the counter top.

"Yes, we could. But I don't like eating takeaway all the time. We all need some actual food." She told him.

"Okay." He nodded, he wasn't going to argue. Anyway, the smell of fresh food was making the house smell amazing. "Do you need any help?"

She leaned over and kissed him. "No."

"Why not! I'm a culinary genius!" He protested and she laughed.

"I don't need help, I like cooking" She told him. He just smiled and walked round do he was standing next to her.

"I have training later." He told her and she nodded. "Would you like to come?"

"Do I have the choice?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes."

"I don't really want to." She admitted. "I'm tired."

"Okay. That's fine, a few of the boys will be here or... I was going to suggest you could have a sleepover with your mum if you wanted to."

"I'm okay here." She told him nodding. "I wanna adjust a bit more first... I... I haven't had a night without you for a while." She admitted and he smiled.

"I'll be back by 9. You can put on a movie or something... I was also going to suggest we could introduce you to Corey's sister and her friends... It would be nice for you to have girly friends, I know you probably don't want to talk to me about girl stuff." He explained and she nodded.

"That would be nice thank you... I'd like that... And I don't care what I talk to you about, you're a man. You can deal with it." She told him and he chuckled.

He poured them all out drinks and set the table while Lexi cooked. The boys came in and obiously smelt the food, but they made them wait until it was all ready.

Corey walked into the room and Lexi smiled slightly, making eye contact with Layton, who shushed her quietly.

Layton helped her serve dinner for everyone and they sat in reserved quiet while everyone dug in.

Laytons phone ringing interupted. He carried on chewing and answered. Everyone looked over but carried on eating. He put the phone to his ear, swallowing quickly.

"What's up?" He asked, concentrating. His facial expression dropped and he stood up, pushing his chair back and jogging into the downstairs office.

Lexi followed him and stood by the door, he had someone on speaker phone who were reading out long series of numbers.

"Fuck. Yeah it's them." Layton said, clicking away on the computer and looking worried. "Get the boys to stop eating, Lexi, we've got to go. The rogues from last week are right near the border" He told her quickly.

She rushed back into the other room and told the boys. Everyone rushed out of the house within seconds and Layton followed them, still holding his phone to his ear and talking to someone on the other end.

He eventually hung up as they started jogging to the pack house, and into the surrounding forest. Layton mind linked someone and the boys started stripping. 

"We're going to shift and head right towards them, The warriors are already surrounding them, Lexi, stay beside me. If they attack, fight back but the warriors will step in and help. West border, Section 087 249." He explained quickly, the boys were already shifted and started to run ahead after listening to him.