Chapter 9

"We'll both get in."

Blinking, they were all stunned silent.

Turning towards the boy, they saw him stand with not a single shred of unsureness. They continued to stare as they couldn't believe the amount of confidence he had while saying that.

Hyung Seok couldn't either.

After realizing what he said, he automatically went back to his shy self as he stared at the ground with some sweat starting to appear on his forehead. Wondering if he could still take back his words, he thought about it. Shaking his head, he decided that he shouldn't take it back as the man was picking on Jae Yeol. 

No one is allowed to pick on Jae Yeol.

No one.

Finding his statement interesting, the CEO went back to Jae Yeol.

Jae Yeol was gaping, just as surprised as the others. However, the moment he felt the CEO's stare, he closed his mouth and stared back.

The scarred man nodded, wanting him to show his talents.

Jae Yeol nodded back.

Waiting for the music to play, he stretched his legs and arms. Anticipation from the other contestants and judges filled the room.

The song played. Everyone now stared at him, having their complete attention on the boy.

Once his cue started, his eyes lit up.

Moving in a fast pace throughout the whole thing, he glided to the left.

Putting his legs together, he places his hand through his hair – while somehow not showing his eyes – as he put a hand on his thigh and lifted his left foot. Hunching his body, he placed it down. Lowering his head with his hand, he lifted his left leg again before placing it back on the ground as the hand on his head goes to the side of his face.

Bending to the right, he puts his legs together and extends his left leg in front of him with his right leg bending behind him. Lifting his bent right arm up, he moves his hand sideways as his legs go in and out.

He then moves back a little with a bend of his legs to crouch on the ground. Turning his head left, right, then left, he stands up again. With a bend of his knees, he jumps. He lands on his left leg while his right leg is up in the air. Bending his right leg, it goes around his other leg.

He puts his hand on his chin, then moves his body to the front while lowering his leg. Without it touching the ground, he moves his body to the front and kicks his leg backwards with his right arm, still bent, in front of him. Kicking his leg forwards, he puts it on the ground, his position showing his sideview before moving it back to the front to kick again.

The song near the ending, he crouches on the ground and hits it with his fist, perfectly ending with the end beat of the song.

Everyone stayed silent.

The blond male was sweating a little as he let out a few pants.

Glancing up, Jae Yeol saw their faces.

They were pleasantly surprised. He only had fifteen seconds to perform his dance. Seeing that many movements in such a short time and at a fast pace, they couldn't help gapping at the blond boy.

Hyung Seok, dropping out of his awe, clapped his hands.

"Woah, Jae Yeol! You did great!"

Hearing the boy, they snapped out of it. Finding it a little weird that he was clapping for another contestant, they decided to ignore it as they went back to Jae Yeol.

He was standing up now, getting ready to show his other talent.

Singing.

There was a time in his mind where he thought he could get away with not showing off his vocal cords, at all. However, the thought was futile.

The next song about to play, he mentally prepared himself for showing his vocal chords for the first time in ages.

The song playing, Jae Yeol cleared his throat, prepared.

Opening his mouth, everyone couldn't help staring as they waited for the sound.

The moment his voice was heard, they widened their eyes.

His voice was melodic, and just... beautiful.

Everybody was transfixed as they continued to hear him sing.

Some couldn't help, but close their eyes to appreciate his voice. The rest were just staring, not knowing what else to do as their brains weren't fully functioning.

Jae Yeol had his eyes closed the whole time, not wanting to know how the others were reacting as it's been a long time since he's sang.

Even without opening his eyes, he could tell that Hyung Seok was staring right at him. Making him want to show off a little despite not wanting anyone's opinion; well, maybe not everyone, seeing as he was trying to impress a certain black-haired male.

...

While everyone was transfixed, Hyung Seok found it breathtaking.

He was watching just like the rest, but he seemed to be feeling a lot more than he should.

Wondering why his heart was faster than usual, he thought:

What is this feeling...?

Placing his hand on his heart, he glanced at it for a second before going back to staring at Jae Yeol.

Why is my heart beating fast...?

...

Jae Yeol, nearing the end of the song, finished the last few lines before peeking at Hyung Seok, wondering what happened to him.

Seeing him with his hand on his heart, Jae Yeol felt worried, but figured he could ask him after the audition was over.

After some time has passed, the CEO coughed into his hand. After his performance, he had formed quite a few plans that involved a certain mysterious male. However, he's not going to state any of them out as they weren't supposed to know yet.

Hearing the coughs, Soo Jeong and Kim Won Ho snapped out of their trance. Quickly glancing at their papers, they wrote some stuff down.

While they were doing that, the scarred man stared at Hyung Seok. He gestured to stand up, making sure the boy understood.

Understanding, Hyung Seok nodded.

It was his turn.

...

A/N: Weeeee! Hello! How was the chapter? Did you like it? Sure hope you did. Were you guys okay with the dancing part? Was it too long? Too detailed? Opinions? I'm still taking recommendations on the dancing scenes. What's your opinion on no facial hair!Vasco? That's all for now!

See you tomorrow!