5

Rejecting the resignation letter!

The world in which we live is an independent world. We all have our rights to speak, hear, or do anything that we please. Like, making weird faces at someone's baby without them noticing or dancing while walking on the side walk. No one is going to judge you or are they?

This is something we have heard and believed all our lives, but as we grow up we realise, not everyone is going to ignore you. The society in which we live is tough. They are going to judge you, make fun of you or make comments on you, on how you walk, talk, or even on the shoes you are wearing or the hair cut you have just done. They even have problems on your nose and belly piercing. Heck, they will judge you even if you do an extra piercing on your ear. It is the sad truth of the society that we have to accept.

Never would I have ever thought that resigning from a job could be so difficult. Difficulty in finding job? Yes, I know. But difficulty in quitting job? Experiencing for the first time.

The cold blue eyes, that were staring intently at me, were clouding my thoughts and were making it really difficult for my body and brain to process anything. He was close, so close. I have never been this close to any guy before; Matt doesn't count, neither does my dad. My brain was screaming at me to push him back, but my body was not responding and how can it respond when you were hypnotized by those eyes. Those electric blue eyes.

"Why do you want to resign?" Everytime I hear him speak, I can sense anger, more than before.

"I, uh, I-" Nope. No words at all. I was right about the hypnotizing part. It was like my tongue was paralyzed. As if, it has lost all the capabilities to form a sentence.

"Do you think the pay is less?"

Before I could shake my head 'no', I heard him speak. "Twelve thousand." My eyes widened at him. "I will pay you twelve thousand dollars a month. Is it still less for you to work?" I shook my head again.

"It's not about the pay."

"Then?" He demanded.

"Reasons." I was able to choke out, under his pressuring gaze.

"What reasons?"

There's always a 'what'! Couldn't he just let it go? I was an independent woman, keeping aside the fact that I still get pocket money from my parents, but that was beside the point! I wanted to resign, so I wanted to resign, why did he need to know the reason?

"Tell me!"

He wanted answers from me, but I couldn't give it to him. What would I answer him anyways? That I am quitting this job for my son? And then what? He would just assume the worst because of the kind of a person he was or people think he was. He would just think that I must have hooked up with someone in my school days and Sam must be the result of that one dreaded night. Obviously, the night he was born was dreaded, it shred away everyone into pieces, but that was nothing even close to what he was going to assume. For him, Sam might be a mistake for me, but for me, he was not a mistake. He was my cure. He is my cure, for and from everything.

"Well?" His voice brought me back to reality. I raised my face which was staring at my hands all these while, but as soon as I looked up, I regretted my decision. It was better for me to just stare at my hands and not say anything, than look into his eyes which were demanding answers.

When I still didn't say anything, he stepped closer. Our nose were almost touching; just a wrong step and his lips would be touching mine. Suddenly, I forgot how to breath. I have never been this close to anyone and this closeness was suffocating me, in a good way.