Chapter 27: Elder Cao

A/n: OUR COMPUTER HAS ALSO ENTERED A CLOSED DOOR CULTIVATION (The fan inside broke, so shit ain't turning on)

*cries in the corner*

I usually finish the chapter on computer since it's more convenient.... The dao of procrastination is deep....

Apologies for the slow release.

***

Elder Cao's eyes shone with a mysterious light as he extended his right hand towards the door, he started to circulate his Qi, to check the current defense mechanism in front of him.

*crackle* *fwiiiish*

Thunder suddenly crawled out of the formation and attacked him!

Elder Cao was caught off guard, the lightning crawled on his body. If not for his clothes being enhanced, who knows what that attack would do?

"What have just happened?" Elder Cao murmured under his breath. Even if he was concentrated on something, he should've at least felt the incoming attack especially if it contained any malicious intent.

His brows furrowed as he found the defense mechanism in front of him really strange, real;y, really strange.
--

Inside the room. Ruzi was standing just right before the door, his face flashing with a cold light. On his hands, lightning were crawling.

He was the one who sent out the attack!

His face did not contain a slight bit of innocence that he usually portrayed. It was as if it was another person!

"Auh..." Ruzi suddenly tumbled back, his face suddenly turned back to the innocent one, as he looked at the door, tilted his head left to right, with a confused face he ran back to the inner room.

Sona feeling the disturbance on the formation has sharpened her senses, and she happen to see the whole thing.

'As expected of a multi-element cultivator!' Sona's eyes sparkled as she watched Ruzi release a lightning technique which strucked Elder Cao.

'This.... That person.... His cultivation level!' Sona who finally looked deeper at their 'guest' noticed the situation, and immediately poured out the remaining talismans and performed the hand seals.

The talismans flew on the already talisman packed wall, adding another layer of defense. The wall flickered with light, as it finished the mechanism.

---

"Another layer? Do they multiply by time?" Elder Cao's face twitched, as he found this weird defense mechanism.

Annoyed, Elder Cao took a astance and attacked the door.

*Heavenly Palm; First Fist! Earth Shattering Fist!!*

*Fuuuu.......*

Sounds of force disappearing sounded out.

D, did his attack just got absorbed?!!

Even if that was only the first move of Heavenly Palm, it was still maneuvered by him! A 9th rank cultivator! He had only used 70% of his power on that attack in fear of completely destroying the whole Cheng Inn, but who would've thought that it would actually be absorbed?!

Elder Cao's jaw's almost touched the floor... How should he react on this absurd situation?

Elder Cao was left flabbergasted, he stood rooted on his spot.