Meeting the God of The Underworld

"Look William, if this is a kidnapping for money or simply because my mom pissed you off, you can tell me, lets keep it straight okay." I keep my expression unfazed as more people make the crowd.

"I know breaking the victim's will is very effective, but you don't have to bother I will give you my parents number so ask your men to stand down."

William' brows were furrowed listening intently till I said my piece.
"Elizabeth, the hole you fell into a long ago had an alter built over it where offerings by worshippers were kept, but is no longer of use but somehow it acted as a portal." His tone was soft as if coaxing a kid throwing a tantrum.

"Our Lord Hades is the greek god of the Underworld, commonly called in the human tongue as hell, but it is not as scary as people makes it seem.
After a person's death their soul reaches the Underworld and they are judged for their deeds and sent to the afterlife they are worthy of. I understand this might be very confusing for you-"

"I know of greek myths." My voice was raised but not from rage but frustration. "How long have you been following me to be so thorough, did you really go through my search results?

"Was the floor crumbling also part of the plan . The getups and the set is all very realistic but you should have come up with a more realistic theme."

"This is not a lie." Will seemed rather helpless, his still kept his patience.

"I am a huge fan of mythology and the mysteries that come with it, but please, please don't expect me to believe this."

"Elizabeth. "

"If what you are saying is true why don't I find myself amongst the other souls? And my heart is surely beating, I am sadly sweating and I am breathing so I am not dead." I argue feeling my own pulse.

"You really are in the Underworld."

"You're lying."

"No I'm not."

"You are"

"I am not lying."

"You..are."

There was unpleasant noice from the sides and when I turn in time for it to repeat my eyes widen as a man plunges his sword into another's heart while he doesn't even let out a yelp in pain.

I hold back a scream trying to believe it was a silly magic trick and maybe my stubbornness was written clear on my face for he withdraws the sword with no blood tainting its blade and the man with a gaping hole in his chest only shrugs when the sword is lifted again.

And without mercy slashes cleaving him by the waist and it is only when the torso falls backward and the stumbling legs forward did I scream.

And it was not a second later that the amputated parts turn to dust and disperse in air.

"Elizabeth, he will be alright. He is already dead so his body will regenerate again in the hall of judgement so please relax."
I knew William was trying to soothe out my tense nerves but it only made them taut like a stretched bows' string.

"Do you believe us now?" I stare at the man holding the sword, his expression infuriated and I felt was if sand was grinding down my throat making it hoarse when I spoke. "Why...why did you do that?

Suddenly William moves to blocks away my view quickly apologising on the other's behalf. "Forgive them, they did not mean any harm. But you see questioning the Underworld' existence is similar to questioning their very being.

"Will-"

"Eli -"

We began and end at the same time wanting to let the other speak and hence breaking the names to what would be a nickname each would fall into naturally later on for no reason in particular.