Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 12

Elias

Elias

There are three solid ways to know if a guy is a total jackass:

       1.    His name starts with the letter "K".

     2.  He puts more than thirty-seconds into picking out his clothes. Real guys only have two options: clean or dirty.  Stick to the clean pile, and you're good to go.

      3.     He shows up in a Benz on the first date—unless he's Hugh Hefner, in that case, he's pretty much royalty.

Kai was three for three, and when he pulled into our driveway, I thought about breaking a couple of his seventy-thousand dollar windows with my crutches.

How the hell did a guy who ran me over in a fixer-upper Honda score a Benz in less than a day? He had to be a drug dealer or a spoiled kid, and I hated spoiled kids. At least dealers were useful to me.

Kai jumped out of his ride, looking less than happy to see me standing on the porch instead of his date. If my future bed buddy hadn't forced me to tag along, I would've made avoiding the guy a second career.

            "How are you feeling, Elias?" He asked.

            "Better. Probably 'cause Alex is taking such good care of me."

His face twitched. Good to see he recognized competition early in the game.

If he had any common sense, he'd take his car, his hair gel, and his musty cologne and high tail it back home. But he stood his ground and smirked at me like he was ready for war.

            "Sounds like you're in good hands--"

            "Damn straight, I am."

            "--for now."

            Bastard.

The front door clicked open and Alex came out in a cloud of perfume wearing the kind of skin-tight dress I couldn't help but stare at. Her outfit this morning was one thing, but this—this was trouble.

I shoved my hands in my pockets to keep from running my fingers along her curvy little waistline when she walked past. Luckily, her shoes leveled the playing field. The way she was stumbling down the front steps, she'd end up breaking an ankle before she made it into Kai's swag wagon.

            "Sorry for the hold up, guys! I'm still trying to figure out the whole unpacking thing."

I'll say. If unpacking meant throwing her shit all over her side of the room until she found something to wear. I didn't know why she'd been so stressed out about it. As far as I was concerned, she would've been fine walking out of the house naked. 

            "No worries, it was worth the wait, you look beautiful, Alex," Kai said.

He stretched out his scrawny arms, and she teetered her way into a "good to see you grope". Dick move. Most girls like to think that when a guy goes in for a hug that it's totally neutral. Biggest lie in the universe.