5- The Game

We arrived in front of the stadium; Jimmy joined us after a couple minutes with our drinks. We ignored each other as Red and I continued to talk about magic. The other three were already inside the stadium. When we arrived at the box office, I smiled and winked at the girl behind the desk.  But before I could utter a word I was interrupted by the brown hair sister.

“I’ll pay for the tickets” Jimmy told me

“Don’t worry” I told her, “it’s the school that pays no need to lose money. We invited you to this” She smiled at me with mischief in her cold eyes.

“Well, it’s not my wallet so don’t worry about it” I looked at Red. She couldn’t possibly allow her sister to pay for the tickets with stolen money. Red sent me an incent smile and said to me

“I’m not her mother”

“She listens to you, you can’t let her do this” I said

“Is our little guardian angel a goody too shoes?” Jimmy sarcastically said. Without waiting for my answer, she turned around a bought the tickets.

“Can’t I at least flirt with her?” I said pointing at the girl.

“Please, you can do better than that” Jim said as she handed us the tickets and looked at her phone again. Without thinking I took the phone in my hand and squeezed so hard the phone shattered in my hand. Jimmy looked at me then to the ground. Without uttering a word, she went back to the desk took a paper and pen wrote something down and came back. She handed the paper to me a walked towards the entrance.

“What’s this?”

“That’s the new phone you are going to by me.”

“But this model is six hundred bucks” I growled. Jim came strolling back to me and patted my cheek.

“Don’t worry” she whispered “it’s the school that pays no?” and with that she walked away.   

“Bad move sweaty” Red told me. I sighed, exasperated by all this. “You better make up to her”

“Why?” I curiously asked

“You know when I told you that you are the first person she willingly talked to in six years” I nodded “Well, I was wrong. I remembered the last person that broke something of hers. He ended up in an asylum.” Well this changes things.

“She’s having a childish fit? What is she, seven?”

“No honey, she’s board”

“Ok, ok, how do expect me to redeem myself?” I looked around me. There were stands around selling clothes, food and objects. Red pointed to a stand that sold beaver tales. I raised an eyebrow but did not comment. I made my way to the stand and bought her a chocolate beaver tale.

“Don’t forget the smatries. Jamie loves them”. I asked for smarties in a separate container. Once I had them I wrote ‘sorry’ on the dessert I just bought.

“Cliché, but doable” Red commented. I rolled my eyes at her and started walking towards our seats. Jimmy was waiting patiently in the corridor.

“Here” I gave her the beaver tale. She looked at me surprised then back at the food. She looked at Red, back to me then to the beaver tale. She carefully took the food from me and as she did so her figures brushed mine. Sparks flew me through me that warmed me up from the inside. My pulse quickened and my eyes dilated. She smiled at me, but it never reached her eyes.

“What’s wrong with you? You look sick” Jimmy asked me coming closer into my personal space.

“It’s called lust” I told her in a baby voice pointing at my face.