Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Sam

I felt Xander tense up from beside me before his sense kicked in. I stayed frozen in my spot, not being able to feel or hear anything. Everything is numb, and I couldn't move or breathe. I felt my wolf howl inside of me, feeling our mate in distress.

"Sam! I want you to go to the basement with my mom and Liam. Whatever you do, do NOT stray from them. Please listen to me Sam, I don't want you getting hurt," Xander said while kissing my forehead.

I nodded, feeling too numb to move. Xander got out of bed and mind linked Liam to get here. We waited for Liam to arrive which only took about five minutes. With him is Xander's mom who was looking behind her every now and then, a worried look on her face.

"Liam, I want you to take them to the safe house and make sure that my father is there. Mind link me as soon as you get there," Xander commanded. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed my forehead.

"Be safe. I love you," he said before running out of the room, his phone in his hand.

I looked at Liam who gave me a smile before we took off. We went into Xander's office which confused me but understood when Liam moved one of the books in the bookshelf. A secret passage appeared. We went through the entryway, Liam closing it as soon as all of us were in before moving into the darkness.

Liam pulled out a torch and lighter from I don't know where and began leading the way out of the tunnel-like passage. It was quiet, no one saying a word. I could feel the pounding of my heartbeat and hear my wolf whining for our mate.

It was clear to everyone that this war could end everyone's life, including Xander's. And there's nothing I could do about it. I would say that I could just turn myself in if it meant keeping everyone I care about safe, but that would be wasting Xander's and the pack's efforts in keeping me away from my old pack.

We exited the passage and was running away from the house where the fight was happening nearby. It was dark and was hard to see.

"We're getting closer to the safe house," Liam whispered.

Everything was silent except for the crunching of leaves and the breaking of twigs under our footsteps. Each and every one of us was tense and alert as if somebody's going to jump from behind the bushes any minute now.

I tried to mind link Xander to make sure that he was safe, but he blocked me out. My wolf whined even more. I was feeling more anxious with each second that passes.

"Hey Liam, you'll tell me if something wrong happens. . . right?" I said quietly.

Liam looked at me and gave a smile.

"Of course," he replied. I sighed, feeling a little relieved knowing that Liam will tell me if something bad happens.

We arrived at the safe house with Liam leading the way. We passed the guards guarding the place, Liam nodding at them.

"The alpha already contacted his brother, so there's nothing to worry about."Liam said, giving me a reassuring smile. I smiled back, but it felt strained.

"Tell Xander to contact Cameron as well, please. We need all the help we can get." I pleaded.

Liam nodded, looking deep in thought.

"I'll try, but I don't know if the alpha will be too willing to do that," Liam said. My heart dropped at what he said. He's right. Xander's too stubborn to admit that we'll need Cameron's help. Alphas I swear.

"This safe house has cells where you and the previous luna will be put in. It's covered in wolfsbane so you won't be able to get out without hurting yourself. The only way for you to get out is someone opened it with the key, so don't even try." Liam said, giving me a pointed look. I gave him a sheepish smile and nodded.

"I'll take it from here, Liam. You go and make sure that my son is safe," a voice commanded. We turned to the source of the voice to see Xander's father standing there. Liam nodded before giving us one more smile and taking off.

Arthur glanced at me before turning to his wife.

"Aurora, go in that cell," Arthur said to his wife, pointing to one of the cells in the far right side of the safehouse.

"And you, go to the one over there," Arthur commanded, pointing to one of the cells on the left side of the safehouse. I nodded before going in the cell, not saying a word to the previous alpha and luna.

Everyone was quiet. One thing was on their mind and that is 'are we going to win this war?'

I sighed. What did we do to deserve this? I closed my eyes and mind linked Xander. I don't care if he blocked me, I need to tell him this.

'Be careful Xander. You better come out of this war alive. I'll be waiting.'

___________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, want to find out what happens next? Click on my profile and follow the steps in my bio and you're all set :)

Happy Reading!