Chapter 11

Filli and Killi

Gandalf POV

When I heard the scream I didn't  know what to think at first. I fact I was so shocked that I didn't do anything at first.

Then I saw Legolas run like had never seen an elf run before. 'Daeran' was my immediate thought. I ran after everyone pushing through the dwarves so I could see what was wrong.

Suddenly Legolas slammed into an invisible force, after him as every dwarf tried to get through the each ran into something similar.

I slowly made my way over and noticed so sort of force pushing or stopping us from going any further. "Gandalf what's going on?" Legolas asked.

"It seems to be some sort of magic?" I said quite curious. There were a few seconds where none of us new what to do. "What do we do?" Bilbo asked.

"We need to get him to lower the shield." Legolas gasped "You mean to say he's the one doing this." I nodded my head. How could this be possible.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Daeran was currently wrapped in Legolas's arms sound asleep. "What happened back there?" Thorin asked.

 Everyone looked at me for an answer. "I can't say I know." and I didn't know no elf had ever been able to perform magic in such a long time.

"Maybe one of his parents had the ability to." Balin said. "No, there are no known elves who can." Legolas said.

 Everyone went silent at that. "What will you do about it?" Thorin asked "We'll have to get someone to teach him." Legolas said. "I can teach him a few things for now, but I can not stay since I am accompanying the dwarves to the Lonely Mountain." I offered.

"We'll see Legolas said.

We traveled a few more hours before Thorin decided to stop to make camp. I dismounted and brought my horse over to a patch of grass to graze.

Legolas followed me over and dismounted as well. Daeran was still asleep so he kept the child close as not to wake him up.

 We then made our way back to the fire Bifur and Bombur were starting to put together. Legolas laid the child close enough so he would be warm, but not to close so he wouldn't be bothered by the flames.

 "Do you need help gathering firewood he asked. "Yeah, why don't you go with Killi and Filli." Thorin said.

 Legolas just nodded and walked behind the two. I made my way next to the child and sat down getting my pipe out. The child would definitely need to be taught how to use his magic that was important.

 The only thing was how he got his magic in the first place. The child was such a mystery. About 30 minutes later the food was starting to heat up the smell must have woken Daeran from his sleep.

 The child glanced around probably realizing we weren't on our steeds anymore. The child however kept looking around as if he were looking for someone. Before I could say anything he spoke "Where's Legolas?"

I just chuckled those two were like glued at the hips. "He went to get firewood young one." I said. He just frowned obviously not happy.

"Why didn't you tell us you could do magic?" I asked I was honestly surprised he never mentioned it. "What are you talking about." he looked at me confused.

I sighed he didn't know. "Nothing, young one later ok." He nodded and started to get up moving closer to the fire. "Here laddy get some food into you" Bofur said.

Daeran took the bowl of stew and started to eat. The child smiled after he had his first taste. "You like it?" Bilbo asked The child just nodded his head vigorously.