≪23≫

Since Hagiyama had made the rule to not to bully me, it have been really weird as days pass by without any inflict with anyone at all all day. I did get glares and stares but nothing more which felt weird considering I was having habit of being a target. How sad is that.

"Matsuzaka!" I heard my fake name being called and turned back to see Hagiyama rushing towards me. He looked rather... nervous?

"Hm?"

"I need you to come with me," he said scratching the back of his neck.

What would he want with me? It couldn't be bad, could it? What if he came to know that I know about his past and about to murder me for intruding in his life and then dump my body in the river when no one's is around? But where is the river? There is no river around...

"Come with me," he said again, cutting off the chain of thoughts and came near me.

"No!" I said abruptly and turned 180° around and started to run back to school, into the rose garden. That's when I realized I made it easier for him to murder me. I should have ran the opposite way, there's at least some fair amount of human around there but there was no turning back as he was already chasing me.

"What the hell!?" He shouted from back as he ran after me.

I didn't reply as I was running out of breathe and couldn't run anymore. When I was about to come to a halt, I felt sudden weight on me from back, causing me to topple on the ground.

"Kyaaa!" I screamed as I came in contact with the ground with burning sensation on my knee.

"Ow, my bad, I didn't mean to..." I turned back to see Hagiyama looking down at my knee. "Shit, are you okay?" he said tilting my leg for clear view of the wound I just got. It looks pretty bad than I expected.

"But why are you running away?" He asked with annoyed huff.

"I don't want to die yet," I said sitting on the small side rail of the garden.

"Why would I kill you!?"

"Because I... Because you hate me," I stopped myself from blabbering the truth. I was about to say because I know his secret but thankfully, I successfully controlled my mouth without any hint of it.

"I don't..." he looked down at my wounded knee as he trailed off. "Hate you," he completed, taking me by surprise and caressed the skin around my wound.

"I was just..." SWOOSH! A sudden noise cut him off. "OW!"

I watched in horror as his head jerked towards me in quick motion. I looked back to see a girl standing there furiously looking down at him with her bag clutched tight in her hands. She was huffing out rapidly as though she came all the way running. 

Yukie!?

"I should have stopped before anything would happen. Are you okay!?" She suddenly turned back to me. I looked around all confused and my eyes landed on Hagiyama's hand which had slipped under my skirt on the impact when he got hit by her bag.

He quickly took away his hand, noticing my stare.

"Sorry, I really didn't mean to..." I could see his ears turning slightly red in embarrassment. I doubted my ears. Did I just hear him say 'sorry'? To me? I mean, I'm in 'Matsuzaka' look right now. And not only that, but what's with Yukie? We had just exchanged greetings with me looking like this but never more than that. Why was she supporting me all of a sudden?

"Get away from her pervert!" Yukie shouted at him whilst hitting his head with her bag once again.

"Can you stand up?" she shoved her cousin aside and offered me her hand.